The "Whatever" Thread

JK Knives

This one is to talk about anything you want to discuss, from what you have been up to, to what you are planning to do. Talk about whatever you want to. Personally, today is heat treat day, so besides gluing liners on handle material, I`m just loafing.

sounds good, I'm not teaching today so just trying to answer some emails while iris dances around the room (she likes music), also reading some articles on the poppy tradition in England ( a symbol of November 11th end of the second world war.)

also i might be reading funny cat pictures on facebook from time to time :p

I didn't have any free time on the weekend. I helped a buddy out wiring his soon-to-be ex-wife's garage most of Saturday, then went to a co-worker's 30th wedding anniversary party Saturday night. Sunday I spent all day outside, breaking down the garden, draining hoses, taking down the screens on my porch, and mowing the leaves in the yard. Then I came inside and cooked dinner for the wife. Oh, and I made an apple pie also.

My dad has been in a tough stretch lately. He has neuropathy in his feet, so he can't feel sensation too well down there. Sometime in the last few months, he fractured one foot really bad, and has made it worse by walking on it. Now, he has to stay off it at all costs, or he could lose the foot. They may have to take it anyway. I feel so bad for him, and there's nothing I can do. He can't get down to his workshop to work on any of his projects. Kind of a bummer around the holidays too.

We're going to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra on Sunday night. I have always heard they put on great shows, should be nice.

John, I hope this is what you had in mind, I kinda dumped all my thoughts out in one post.

Glenn

Exactly what I had in mind. While daydreaming this morning, I came up with an idea for a fourth version of the Toby`s Knife, the Toby V 4.0 Tac.

I spent all weekend instructing fine Americans in a rifle marksmanship clinic. While we had them there we also taught them about our country's awesome history and heritage! We had 19 shooters. It was a great weekend. If any of you guys would like to check it out. Or get your wife and kids some instruction check out project Appleseed. It's an amazing non for profit organization that teaches history/heritage and rifle marksmanship. We are in all 50 states and put on usually 1 shoot a weekend in most states. Here is a website if you want to check it out. I'm a instructor with them. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

Deer season 11 days away, still can't decide if I am going to hunt primarily with: muzzleloader, shotgun or handgun, leaning towards shotgun as that is my only scoped option and the eyes are not good right now. Most all of my Illinois deer have fallen over the years to muzzleloader (traditional sidelock please) but that front sight is looking very fuzzy (looks like there are 3 fuzzy sights! ). Very chagrined with the fantasy football thing! I have had zero's posted for QBs on 3 of the last 4 weeks due to 1st quarter injury's. I think I passed the leader baton to Saintly Brees yesterday barring a miracle with my #2 Jackson at the battle of south Florida tonight. Fishing report : Perch biting at 92nd St Bridge. Crappies good in most lakes with crappies. Thanks Grunt Soldier for the APPLESEED LINK. That's all I got! OVER & OUT!

I'm good and rambling on, if by good you mean i do it a lot. Here we go:

been pretty miffed with my own fantasy football performance lately, ad some quarterback issues myself, in this case the first time I don't play RGIII he scores 30 pts, who knew :) it's still fun each week, I even forget about the prize i'm just enjoying the weekly choices and games so much

The guys round here are already stalking the 160 acres or so around s, i wonder if the season starts earlier or if it just doesn't matter :) a few of them park their four wheelers in my driveway so they don't have to walk back along the ridge, I get some pretty interesting conversation out of it for my part.

I'm playing around with a decisions over another JK, been a while since I could order, I'm torn between the Appalachian special models, a bluegill, a self designed new one, or a bigger chopper for a change. It's hard to spend money when you've been counting pennies for a while and Christmas is on the way, as well. Still paycheck is coming this week (fingers crossed) and it may make us feel better about it. We managed to put lot of the kids stuff in layaway this weekend and that felt good. I'm so tired of thinking abut money y'all :p

We're running the fire most nights now, snows predicted for next week and I didn't manage to get a roof or walls on my wood shed yet, doh! Still it's nice to be running a fire again, the smell and light bring back memories. Iris has been wanting to watch videos of Sam when he was baby lately, don't' ask me why she just likes seeing them, guess I'm just traveling memory.

Also cleaning up my jk belt hawk the other day, it hangs in my work building with the rest of the axe and hatchets and needed a light cleaning. Got me thinking I need more pictures of it in action again, and that reminded me of the youtube videos idea. the next batch of pocket knives'll be here soon so maybe that;ll be a good time for it.

Sorry to hear about your dad, glennbad,

Anyway, here's a picture for S.A.G courtesy of Mack's facebook musings :)

1453452_10151977150141768_398275984_n.jpg

Fantasy league? If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. The one bright spot in my lineup (Rodgers) goes out in the first series of the game last week. When your WR or TE get 1's and 2's, you're in for trouble.

The wife has been hounding me to get the Christmas lights up, but won't let me turn the outside ones on till after Thanksgiving, so why the hurry to get them up? Can't figure that girl out...

I'm spending my day home loosing money because of a blizzard on the North Slope which means I can't fly back to work today.

I'm sitting here trying to decide if I should spend my precious resources on a very much needed field trip or save 'em for when my unemployment runs out next month.
I thought I would have been called back to work by now,but things are looking pretty dismal on that front.

With the help of the World bank & other resources the country of Bangladesh is re-vamping their food distribution systems nation wide & the company I work(ed) for is hoping to get the contract for the ice machines,but it's been held up by the powers that be with organizational red tape BS.
Hopefully early next year they'll get it all sorted out & I can get back to work.

Don`t get me started on unemployment. I`ve worked since I was 17, and never got to collect a dime. Since I chose not to move to China when I was offered a job there, it was considered quitting, so I got none. Now, being self employed, I get to pay over $300 a quarter for unemployment, but will never be able to collect.

Don`t get me started on unemployment. I`ve worked since I was 17, and never got to collect a dime. Since I chose not to move to China when I was offered a job there, it was considered quitting, so I got none. Now, being self employed, I get to pay over $300 a quarter for unemployment, but will never be able to collect.
That really sucks!I think you should have been able to dispute that seeing as they wanted you to move out of the country.

Grumpy Cat liked that.

[video=youtube_share;Hdx_ezZfasg]http://youtu.be/Hdx_ezZfasg[/video]

Who doesn't like Grumpy cat )

Grumpy-cat-lemonade.jpg

after having to defrost the car this morning this afternoon I'm walking around without a jacket on, Kentucky weather, it'll get you one way or the other :p

Back