The "Whatever" Thread

we were supposed to get 1/2" sunday - ended up with close to 3".
we were supposed to get 3-6" yesterday - they downgraded it to 1-3", then up to 1" -- we got nada
we were supposed to get 3-6 " this coming Saturday - they downgraded it to 0.2" -- and now they're not sure what it'll do.

We were suppose to have like 3 inches and a bunch of ice this morning. We got a light dusting lol. I really just think weather people spin a wheel and pick or throw a damn dart lol

They have been correct here all this week, a couple of 3" snowfalls in three days. I hope they are wrong this time. When you get to my age shoveling is not fun.

Fresh snow gets 'em out. I once shot a coyote off the front porch right after a snow storm. (I was on the front porch, not the coyote.)

They're pretty bold to be out in the middle of town like that, though.

Cleaned the snow off the Jeep and drove Connie to work. Came home, had another cup of coffee, then went out to shovel the driveway. Got 5"-6" overnight, still coming down like crazy!

Here's a shot looking out from my back door.
adiObre.jpg

I was going to post pics from my hike yesterday but after seeing all the snow pics I wouldn't want to seem like a braggart. Watch your backs when shovelling and do your best to stay warm.

I was going to post pics from my hike yesterday but after seeing all the snow pics I wouldn't want to seem like a braggart. Watch your backs when shovelling and do your best to stay warm.
Go ahead and share them, I need to see some nice weather.

I miss the old days when Connie and I both had Chevy ZR 2 4x4's in the driveway, and a Mustang GT in the garage.

The weather Friday was moderate and I had the need for a little woods time. When I parked I found the creek too high to cross to get to where I had planned to go. I walked a short ways and found bridge in the form of a mostly rotten log. With a lot of luck and solid walking stick I got across. My son wasn't with me so I picked a few of these to take back. He gets unbelievably excited when he finds edibles while hiking.

After fighting my way through a mix of mountain laurel, rhododendron, and downed hemlock I reached more normal looking woods to realize I wasn't where I hoped to be. I started walking in a wide zig-zag pattern looking for something I recognized. When I finally saw the remnants of an old fence I knew I was in the right area.

I have heard various stories about the area's history but I'm not sure what it once was. There are ruts where roads were and occasional signs of civilization like this can.

I've posted this pic before but I still find the spot interesting. Is it a grave or a hoax? I'll never dig to find out.

On the hike I carried a hatchet in a shoulder rig with my JK pouch/knife and a few basic items. This is another of John's great ideas that never received the attention it deserved. If you look closely at the pic you will see it's laying on top of a roll of old rusty fence. There are several pieces of this scattered around the area. I'm not sure if it was used to keep something on or off of the property.

Back