The "Whatever" Thread

I could not make the last gathering - the first one I ever missed I believe. I would be interested in coming to one if there was another planned -

I thought I posted a thread with links to all of my pictures of the gatherings over the years - I am sad I missed the Michigan gathering when Brad went -

Mr Bill - someone at the chevy dealer wanted my flashlight that you gave me at one gathering so bad they took it from my console in my truck!

Good times those gatherings. Remember the slingshot gathering?

best

mqqn

I’m sure we could have another Gathering. I was actually planning on this year before the wheels fell off the cart. Let’s try next October. It would be great to see you all again and it sounds like there may be some first-timers as well.

Jeff

I’m sure we could have another Gathering. I was actually planning on this year before the wheels fell off the cart. Let’s try next October. It would be great to see you all again and it sounds like there may be some first-timers as well.

Jeff
Remember Skimo? The only person to ever show up who was a total asshat.

I could not make the last gathering - the first one I ever missed I believe. I would be interested in coming to one if there was another planned -

I thought I posted a thread with links to all of my pictures of the gatherings over the years - I am sad I missed the Michigan gathering when Brad went -

Mr Bill - someone at the chevy dealer wanted my flashlight that you gave me at one gathering so bad they took it from my console in my truck!

Good times those gatherings. Remember the slingshot gathering?

best

mqqn
The slingshot competition was fun, so were the horseshoe competitions.
I think you might have missed three, I think they conflicted with Maggie’s birthday?
Anyone remember the one at Aux Sable shelter? About 10 degrees and a ton of snow. I was shocked when Jeff made it from Michigan, it was only a one day event!

The slingshot competition was fun, so were the horseshoe competitions.
I think you might have missed three, I think they conflicted with Maggie’s birthday?
Anyone remember the one at Aux Sable shelter? About 10 degrees and a ton of snow. I was shocked when Jeff made it from Michigan, it was only a one day event!
I remember - that was the kick off of the ViKtim abuse passaround.
http://www.iammoon.com/albums/JK Gathering 01142012/

best

mqqn

I thought I would throw this out there - fall is coming here and we had a rainy day yesterday. It gave me the opportunity to get my axe and splitting axe ready for the season - sharpened, oiled and waxed the handles, ready to heat the house for the winter!

Now I just need to make starter kindling - a never ending process that I pretend to not enjoy.

woke up to an inch of snow yesterday, never reached 30. this morning we had freezing rain after I got to work, so I missed out of the ice-rink free for all -- and it was 36 by the time I got out of work, so the roads were dry again.
supposed to be 50 tomorrow.

Would like to see those cooler temps but a balmy 80 degrees this morning down south. High will be 91 with a dewpoint that will make it feel like 95 - 98!

Way late to the party, but is it still possible to get in on the paring knife pass around?

Last edited:
I gave out some small flashlights with a Cree LED in them. Super bright. I like to have some sort of gift for everyone when we go camping. I gave these out to my family as well. Still have one left in the bubble wrap. These are not top of the line perfect flashlights but were excellent toolbox and glove compartment lights. They work well enough to light up a work area or a search area in a pinch. You can still get them on Amazon under the name Manpu or Cree or Pocketman. When I bought them years ago, you had to wait a month to get them from China. Andy, I will certainly save the remaining flashlight for you to replace your lost unit. I would love to see everyone camping again!

Back