The "Whatever" Thread

I’m going to miss this forum, I used to look forward each morning to see what’s going on, but I’ve finally accepted the fact it’s going to end.

Bummer, this is the first place I check. If ending the forum, will you still make knives if and when you want, do some experimenting? No custom orders but could you put some up for sale on your website when some are made? Or is the end of knife making? Sad day if it is.

The forum will be here until the end of the year, I can’t close it. It’s just so dead I don’t bother checking in.
Bummer, this is the first place I check. If ending the forum, will you still make knives if and when you want, do some experimenting? No custom orders but could you put some up for sale on your website when some are made? Or is the end of knife making? Sad day if it is.

The forum will be here until the end of the year, I can’t close it. It’s just so dead I don’t bother checking in.
I try to check in at least once per day but we are camping more this year than normal. I guess in a way we're trying to make up for what we missed out on last year.
If it wasn't for the JK Forum and the guys who post here I'm not sure I would sign in once per week. Overall the forum has changed so much over the past decade. I'm not saying the change is bad just that the change doesn't fit me well.

Last edited:
Have you tried to get a partnership through a dealer online? I know some of the custom knife makers (Gene Wiseman comes to mind) make a lot of their knives and sell through dealers. That seems like a way to get your product to a wider audience.

Bladeforums, as great a site as it is, only caters to its' members, not the internet at large. You're preaching to the converted here, John. I buy knives from you even though I don't necessarily need them, because they are great products at a great price. But your forum for the most part is saturated with people that already know about your knives, and have bought many over the years. You're only going to sell so many to them. You have to have a better presence outside the forum for your online presence to grow.

I love your knives brother. I've been working 4am till 11pm every day for awhile. I think this is a good thing and will keep going. I still want my knife I don't have time to reply but if we can't match it. natural with 1/4" brass pins if you have all that in stock.

Hope everyone had a great Father's Day. We were camping but came home early because my father didn't want the long ride to camp. We had planned a cookout at our house but a series of unexpected events has things postponed till today. My brother and I spent the evening working on a plumbing issue at my father's house while my older son spent his day on the couch with side effects from his J&J Covid-19 vaccine.

Went out to the shop at 2:00 this morning, came in at 7:00 to drive Connie to work, it was pouring rain. Called my brother to wish him happy birthday (he is 72 today), he makes the leather sheaths for me. Then I’ve been relaxing while handles glue on. Getting ready for a rainy week ahead.

Got back from my family reunion late last night and had an extra dog in the back yard. Dropped her off at my vet's office this afternoon and told them if they can't find the owner or the owner declines to come get her, we'll be happy to adopt.
1.5 year old full-blooded Siberian husky.
Sweetie, gets along well with both the other dogs and the barn cat.

Got back from my family reunion late last night and had an extra dog in the back yard. Dropped her off at my vet's office this afternoon and told them if they can't find the owner or the owner declines to come get her, we'll be happy to adopt.
1.5 year old full-blooded Siberian husky.
Sweetie, gets along well with both the other dogs and the barn cat.
Those dogs are needy as all get out.

Back