Test ad

The Yuma, always on my mind!

LostViking

Gold Member
No matter how hard I try to talk myself out of it. I keep coming back to look at the Yuma.

I have been studying this knife for a long time. For what I do and where I do it. It would seem almost a perfect fit.

Being back to work full time has afforded me the opportunity to to some knife oggling. And the Yuma keeps popping back up on my radar.

I think I want something in wood. But some of the laminates look very cool too.

I love the curly maple on Murph's big M-18 chopper.

NJBillK

Custom Leather and Fixed Blade modifications.
I had an old hornet of his in green dyed curly maple and it was gorgeous.
2017-08-08 03.46.11.jpg 2017-08-08 03.46.47.jpg

Bmurray

Gold Member
get a sandblasted micarta. this is a hard use knife and would benefit from a textured grip

No matter how hard I try to talk myself out of it. I keep coming back to look at the Yuma.

I have been studying this knife for a long time. For what I do and where I do it. It would seem almost a perfect fit.

Being back to work full time has afforded me the opportunity to to some knife oggling. And the Yuma keeps popping back up on my radar.

I think I want something in wood. But some of the laminates look very cool too.

I love the curly maple on Murph's big M-18 chopper.
The Yuma is perfect. Why settle on 1 scale materiel. My yuma has both...I'd post a pic but photobucket hates me and bladeforums doesnt allow direct uploads (at least I haven't figured out how yet)

LostViking

Gold Member
OK Todd and Murph!

I just couldn't take it any more. The antique ivory g10 with natural phnelic liners and rivets, from your website is on it's way to its new home.

I wasn't sure about the light colored G10. But the more I looked at it. The more it grew on me. I'm excited. The Yume looks like it will make me a great field and camp blade.

We are all way more active on the Facebook page. Todd and the gang do a live show every Monday night.

The page is called something like "TM hunt and his marry band of knuckleheads."

LostViking

Gold Member
Junkie,

Thanks for the heads up.

Well that's sad. I get why folks use facebook. Especially business folks.

But, I am not now, nor will I ever probably be, a facebook person.
I'm not a Zuck fan.

So I guess I'll adjust to the loneliness. I live in the woods at the end of a dead end road. So I imagine, I'll survive.

Who knows, maybe I can be a Rock Star here!

I love my Yuma.

14434177431_e4247f1388_z.jpg

14291088197_e6c28203c8_z.jpg

14712780522_18dc90722e_z.jpg

Jeremy

LostViking

Gold Member
Guyon,

Yes sir, it does tend to lean on the Bushcrafty side.
i-xh6JJGR-XL.jpg

i-vxX4Mqj-XL.jpg

And a flash shot, because I was running out of light,
i-VQH3DgP-XL.jpg

Great photos! makes me want a yuma.

But of course every time I think I want a yuma, I change my mind and think I would rather have the extra length of the tradewater. Then I go back and think I would rather have the smaller more balanced blade of the yuma. Back and forth, back and forth, it's a vicious circle.

1066vik

Gold Member
Great photos! makes me want a yuma.

But of course every time I think I want a yuma, I change my mind and think I would rather have the extra length of the tradewater. Then I go back and think I would rather have the smaller more balanced blade of the yuma. Back and forth, back and forth, it's a vicious circle.

you should take a look at the trailmate.

Wow I had to look that one up. I didn't know it existed. Ill have to ask todd if he still makes them.

Im not sure a trailmate will fill the void I've had for a yuma/tradewater. If anything it just creates a new void. Thanks vik you're an enabler to my knife addiction.

1066vik

Gold Member
:) good to hear!
and what's not to like about a yuma blade attached to an upsized magua handle