The ZOMSTRO

With the Kabar Potbelly & the Kabar Zombie knives sharing the same shape and handle scale type, it makes me wonder if the same person designed both lines?
I don't believe I have ever read anything on the person(s) that designed the Kabar Zombie Knife line.

Last edited:
Well, I decided that my recently acquired Kabar Zomstro, and my almost as recently acquired Ontario SP36 Sniper Spax, would be paired up together to be displayed within my collection of do-dads. The Zomstro is my most unique Kabar, and the Sniper Spax is my most unique Ontario... just seemed like the way to go :)

10f2s13.jpg

Last edited:
Nice presentation, Jimmy. Real classy!
Thanks!
Collecting is a dual purpose hobby for me...
I get the usual pleasures of the hobby, plus it accounts for a big part of my interior decor ☺
Here one can see that my collection is everywhere within my home, but I try my best to blend it all in so that it does not take away the feeling of a comfy residence :)
2q2ps9e.jpg

My recent purchase of the Kabar company's 100th anniversary knife, found a home in one of these displays...

2d91zy0.jpg

Last edited:
I really dig how you’ve displayed your collection. It’s got a refined vibe.

What’s the white handled knife three below the 100th anniversary Ka-bar?

Well... since the Kabar Zomstro added such a fun and unique touch to my "Man Gadget Collection", I decided this morning to order a "Swabbie" from the same Kabar Zombie knife line. Kabar's online clearance price is awesome, but they currently have a notice on their website about a glitch they are having with online orders, and that delays are to be expected. That being the case, I searched and found another reputable vendor that is currently selling the Swabbie at a sale price that's only $5 more overall than what I can get it from Kabar direct, so I went that route. Again, the uniqueness of these knives only adds to my wanting them for my collection... They will definitely add a touch of flair to my norm :)

Last edited:
Well... since the Kabar Zomstro added such a fun and unique touch to my "Man Gadget Collection", I decided this morning to order a "Swabbie" from the same Kabar Zombie knife line. Kabar's online clearance price is awesome, but they currently have a notice on their website about a glitch they are having with online orders, and that delays are to be expected. That being the case, I searched and found another reputable vendor that is currently selling the Swabbie at a sale price that's only $5 more overall than what I can get it from Kabar direct, so I went that route. Again, the uniqueness of these knives only adds to my wanting them for my collection... They will definitely add a touch of flair to my norm :)
That notice on their website has been there since they had a big sale in December or so. It hasn't actually slowed them down for a while, I think. I ordered a Swabbie a couple of months ago and it sailed right on through.

Kabar must have made a ton of these things, because going on 6 years later, they're STILL on Clearance for $45 on Kabar's Website!

I bought my brother one as a Christmas Gift, then ended up liking it so much after he unwrapped it that I decided to get one of my own!

I'm honestly surprised they're still around after all this time. I mean, I get that even at $45 they cannot compete with the $12 Z-HUNTER Gas Station Specials, but to think that such a high quality, American-Made blade is still around for such a low price after all these years is just crazy, especially in a world where there are so many Bushcraft Enthusiasts who eat this sort of thing up and will pay hundreds of dollars for a chopper like this.
Not that I'm complaining that they are still available at such a fantastic price, I've just grown so used to missing out on sales like this that my mind is blown.

Personally, I think I'll keep mine with the black finish and green grips intact. They're just part of the charm of this otherwise excellent knife that has been dressed up to look like a cheap novelty item.

Kabar must have made a ton of these things, because going on 6 years later, they're STILL on Clearance for $45 on Kabar's Website!
....especially in a world where there are so many Bushcraft Enthusiasts who eat this sort of thing up and will pay hundreds of dollars for a chopper like this.

Personally, I think I'll keep mine with the black finish and green grips intact. They're just part of the charm of this otherwise excellent knife that has been dressed up to look like a cheap novelty item.

No kidding on the price!

Leaving it zombie green would torture so many humorless knife snobs ;)

Just got ours in the mail yesterday, it's a crazy blade but it did put a big ol' smile on mine and the wife's face, so well worth the price we paid.

Had to ditch those green scales though, yikes, the green cord that cinches up the front pouch needs to go too, lol.

BOOOOOO! The Green Grips and cord are what makes the ZOMSTRO so unique! You lose them, you might as well lose the whole blade! Be a man and rock it as KA-BAR intended!

BOOOOOO! The Green Grips and cord are what makes the ZOMSTRO so unique! You lose them, you might as well lose the whole blade! Be a man and rock it as KA-BAR intended!
😆
Too late! This is actually the wife's blade, as she loves these giant choppers (despite being 5 foot nothing with hobbit hands, lol), showed it to her online and she was all over it. First thing she said upon un-boxing though, was change those scales.

I'm actually going to make her a set of custom scales, I have a big batch of black denim I got cheap a while back and i'm either going to make some micarta for it or possibly some wood scales as I have another project going with some re-claimed wood.

Back