There are to be no further postings of the "jerkit" smilie on this forum.

Hey Mike is there anyway of getting this selection removed from the smiles choices??

nope... as it is not a rule of bladeforums.... only this one for whatever reason

Well ya know someone will not read the sticky and stick it in there. Oh well:eek:

It happens every once in a while, unless the user is specifically trolling our forum, they usually correct the mistake as soon as the problem is pointed out.

I don't see it happening a lot so I don't see any reason to worry about it.

It happens every once in a while, they usually correct the mistake as soon as the problem is pointed out.

And then there is the instance where a poster forgets about a law and posts it and someone points it out to him and someone else is nice enough to give him an hour and a half to take it down before putting a mark on his record but the poster had logged off five minutes after he posted the illegal smilie so he never saw the heads up or the 1.5 hour long warning so he recieved a repremand.

:eek:

Moderators are just a prone to mistakes and lapses in judgement as the rest of us! :foot:

The jerkit smilie rule was adopted by the Busse subforum, I don't know how fair it would be to the site owner to try to push our own belief system on him (or the rest of the forum) and expect changes to be made because we're such an easily offended crowd... :p :p :p

How did this forum become more stiffy than the rest of BF? Damn, I could have used it here ;)

The jerkit smilie rule was adopted by the Busse subforum, I don't know how fair it would be to the site owner to try to push our own belief system on him (or the rest of the forum) and expect changes to be made because we're such an easily offended crowd... :p :p :p

Exactly as fair as it is to do in the sub-forums. Its not Fair at all. It's about power and intolerance. It never fails to amaze me the people with religious convictions/beliefs the practice of which depends on the rest of us not constantly ridiculing them for their various absurd beliefs get offended. We have to put up with that silliness and not be offended. We have to remain courteous when they reference some ancient book of myths, that has been re-written over and over again to reflect political sensibilities and use it as a basis to oppress our free expression.

Commitment to free speech is not measured by what YOU will say....it's measured by what YOU will allow others to say.

Currently I like Busse knives and the information that I get here enough to put up with people banning harmless jerk it smiles and using terms like blasphemer like it means something. Further I don't dispute the forums owners right to do so, nor the Moderators right to issue infractions for it.

I am not challenging anyones authority here.

Right now there are keyboards screaming in indignation, who will be the first to remind me that this is a family forum? How come we don't see you in the countless threads about the openly alcoholic consumption of scotch? Is that good for families? How about glorifying the morbidly obese? That good for kids?

By all means lets focus on Jerk it smiles and blasphemy.

(PS I love good scotch and I am fat)

I don't particularly care for the rule either, but I like Busse knives and I like being able to post on this sub forum. So I play by their rules. I think the issue is insignificant enough to go along with it, I know I can enjoy my stay without referencing manual stimulation every time someone say something offensive or irritating.

To be honest, I don't even use that smilie outside of this forum, not even in W&C. I'd like to be able to use it without reprimand if I wanted to (although I still probably wouldn't) but like I said, the rule is set and I like this place well enough not to make an issue out of it.

Haha, a family forum.. yeah... from the bottom of this page "BladeForums.com is an adult website with adult discussions. " I totally agree with you Justabuyer. I never use that smilie btw, it's good to have the freedom of choice though.

Last edited:
I think it would not only be great if we could remove the smiley itself, but also not be able to use the word "jekit smiley", besides i thought that was the "getting ready to throw the dice" smiley.:p

Well Justabuyer, I'm a Christian,
But that has nothing to do with why I don't like the jerk-it smiley.

Just the amount of rudeness that it represents. We just don't need to be that rude to one another in this room. JMHO

Then again it don't really bother me that bad, but do feel it should stay banned.

Exactly as fair as it is to do in the sub-forums. Its not Fair at all. It's about power and intolerance.

No pal, it is about common courtesy and maturity. Sorry, nowhere in life’s rules does it say you get to do whatever you want whenever or wherever you want to. Get over it, and grow up. You respect the rules of someone’s house when you visit.

It never fails to amaze me the people with religious convictions/beliefs the practice of which depends on the rest of us not constantly ridiculing them for their various absurd beliefs get offended. We have to put up with that silliness and not be offended. We have to remain courteous when they reference some ancient book of myths, that has been re-written over and over again to reflect political sensibilities and use it as a basis to oppress our free expression.

Where exactly has this occurred? Take your drivel somewhere else if you cannot show exact citings of this. “Absurd”, “book of myths”, now you have to offend people?? Get a clue pal….

Commitment to free speech is not measured by what YOU will say....it's measured by what YOU will allow others to say.

Free speech? Not here, you are a guest of BladeForums, a private enterprise. Within that, it says that each subforum can set and enforce its own posting guidelines. This is ours. And as far as I know, it is the only rule, and it is not only our forum that has "prohibited" it..... The "no vulgarity" guideline is Blade Forum wide except in specific sub forums.

Currently I like Busse knives and the information that I get here enough to put up with people banning harmless jerk it smiles and using terms like blasphemer like it means something. Further I don't dispute the forums owners right to do so, nor the Moderators right to issue infractions for it.

Strange, I did a search for “blasphemer”. Not one single citing was based on religious foundation. If you can find otherwise, please show us. Otherwise, get your facts straight before making sweeping statements. Will work wonders for your credibility…. And I'm sorry you don't realize your whole post is exactly you disputing the rights...

I am not challenging anyones authority here.

What else would you call it???

Right now there are keyboards screaming in indignation, who will be the first to remind me that this is a family forum? How come we don't see you in the countless threads about the openly alcoholic consumption of scotch? Is that good for families? How about glorifying the morbidly obese? That good for kids?

By all means lets focus on Jerk it smiles and blasphemy.

Don’t know why this is such a big button for you, but you should chose your salient points such that they have some substance versus just your opinions….

(PS I love good scotch and I am fat)

Me too….

Back