• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Thinking of Getting some RE-Grinds Done

Hey folks, I have an Emerson Gentlemen Jim that I have had for a spell and was thinking about getting a regrind on it. I really like almost everything about the knife except the chisel grind on it. I knew it had the chisel grind when I bought it but was hoping it would grow on me. I was hoping someone could recommend a good person to get the work done.
THanks

I would talk to RichardJ he is great at all things involving sharpening ect.

You realise you're going to lose a fair bit of blade width and seriously change the profile by putting an extra bevel on a chisel grind? It may be better to look at a replacement blade with double bevels (maybe in different materials if you're feeling like really splurging) or try a swap for the conventional v edge version.

Parbajtor, you bring up a great point that I didn't even consider. It would be interesting to get an alternate blade for the knife, I hadn't thought of the option before.

Do not use General for soliciting. We have a forum for that.

if all you want is a v edge put on the knife, that is no problem and it will not take any more metal off than a regular sharpening.

Back