This isn't working out.

I have never owned a leatherman or gerber utility tool,but I want to get one soon.Which is the best,not for the tools offered but strength.

I have never owned a leatherman or gerber utility tool,but I want to get one soon.Which is the best,not for the tools offered but strength.

You're better off going over to the Multitool forum for that answer, Moontroll. I don't want to hijack this forum and turn it into a multi-dialogue.

Being a very busy home inspector, I use my standard leatherman every day, several times. I can fling open the pliers and pull up the carpet to find or confirm leaks in seconds. But it ain't a pocketknife! I have a canoe/stockman/HJ/barlow or other knife for aesthetic satisfaction and good utility.

No the multitool forum is the wrong place for this thread because he wants help.
You would not send a alchoholic to a bar? What he needs is a replacment for the wave with some soul and character the scout knife was a good idea. I carry a Gerber compact in my man purse but a real knife on my person so when I need a tool the good one is my first choice but the gerber is available.

No, unsub, I need the help. Moontroll asked about a good multi-tool.Thanx for the camper idea, though.

I've never owned a leatherman either, but I usually have a pair of pliers and my multidriver with me, I take them with me everywhere. Usually multi tools are just a really poor substitute for the real thing, but I can see how it would be useful.

Back