This place really kills me sometimes

For about a year or more now I've gotten to where I carry the same knife 90%+ of the time. The rest (I have about 10 +/-traditionals in total now) get just an occasional day in the pocket.

For two full months now it's just been the yellow Peanut. I've just not felt the need for anything more believe it or not. I drop it in my pocket as soon as I roll out of bed and it stays there til right before I slip in bed again that night. It sits at the ready on my nightstand as I slumber.

Upon waking up in the morning it's then used numerous times throughout the day for whatever tasks may come along.

I venture forth confidently each morning equipped with the mighty Peanut and an old battered Leatherman classic I've carried on my belt daily for coming on 23 years now.

If I know I have some heavier tasks ahead that day then the large Stockman usually gets the nod to join the Peanut.

I prefer to keep life simple. A pocket knife is a trusty tool and companion that's always there when needed. Anymore I don't care to swap them out frequently like I once did.

Last edited:
For about a year or more now I've gotten to where I carry the same knife 90%+ of the time. The rest (I have about 10 +/-traditionals in total now) get just an occasional day in the pocket.

For two full months now it's just been the yellow Peanut. I've just not felt the need for anything more believe it or not. I drop it in my pocket as soon as I roll out of bed and it stays there til right before I slip in bed again that night. It sits at the ready on my nightstand as I slumber.

Upon waking up in the morning it's then used numerous times throughout the day for whatever tasks may come along.

I venture forth confidently each morning equipped with the mighty Peanut and an old battered Leatherman classic I've carried on my belt daily for coming on 23 years now.

If I know I have some heavier tasks ahead that day then the large Stockman usually gets the nod to join the Peanut.

I prefer to keep life simple. A pocket knife is a trusty tool and companion that's always there when needed. Anymore I don't care to swap them out frequently like I once did.

If I really had to I could get buy with just my imperial peanut and 12yr old leatherman fuse, but I just don't like neglecting my other blades.
Before really getting into traditionals I never would've even entertained carrying something as " small and delicate " as a peanut as a main edc blade, but then I got one and have been schooled by it.
If I didn't need pliers I could probably get buy with just the peanut and lm micra.

Yes, the pliers on the Leatherman are by far the most used tool on that thing. It's performed countless tasks for me over all these years. In fact it's a rare day that I don't use the Leatherman at least once for something. I rarely use the knife blade on it - it's a scraper is how I use it. My pocket knife does the cutting. The Leatherman is a tool.

Back