Throwing the FMV8

Yep the first hibben ax i had broke after the first dozen throws but there good for learning how to throw because there cheap. I wouldnt want to learn how to throw with my $600 CB TGLB is all im saying. But throwing knives is great fun so cheers!

Bright orange paracord wraps can be helpful as well, much easier to see the spin or lack of , also a hell of a lot easier to find bounce backs in the dirt/leaves. Great videos by the way!!!

Last edited:
I'm more of a no spin knife thrower. How's the tip holding up? Can't say I won't sling this one. It's just asking for it. Also that busse warranty gives me lots of confidence

Ive been throwing knives for over 20 years and that V8 looks like an awesome throwing knife. Thanks for posting the vids. But like he said a big slice of a log, 2ft in dia and 4" thick, stood on end is a perfect target. Im just now getting my 12 year old son into throwing and ive been teaching him how. Its ALOT of fun just make sure you have good lighting cause i nearly took a ricochet from 30 feet away in the chest 20 years ago or so because I was Under The canopy of the woods and it hit the target helt first and the knife came back at me and I lost sight of it in the leaves of the trees and at the last second caught sight of it and took a step to the side avoided taking it to the chest. So throw with caution. Id start out with a spear point. There well balanced and east to throw.View attachment 929757 View attachment 929758 This hibben book helped me get started so i hope this helps you guys.

Damn those Hibbens bring back old memories. That's what I learned to throw with. I broke most of them but thanks to hibben for and blackie collans for starting the fever :). I still have the old blackie collens thrower and it's in tact. I can't believe it .

Well I couldn't wait very long. I went throw mine and it worked out pretty well. No damage to the tip at all even when it twisted out of the tree. Glad I snagged one of these.

Honor,
Thanks for the link to your knife throwing video. I plan to get back into knife throwing. I have a really old Gerber like the one posted in the V8 pics post. It was always one of my favorites & a great thrower.
Surfsidemel

Back