Ti Military vs G10 Military

Any owners of both, what are your thoughts on these two? I have a G10 Millie and have always wanted a Ti version or the M4 Ti/G10 version. I've heard some say the Ti version is heavier, but that's not too important to me. Also, pictures are always a plus :thumbup:

I have 2 CF versions, and a M4 Ti/G10 version.

The M4 weighs about the same as my GB. It feels solid, and I appreciate the heft, but its at the upper limit of what I would carry weight wise. A full Ti would probably be too slippery and heavy for me.

I prefer the CF (or G10) versions because they are extremely light given the blade length.

Titanium is heavier, slicker and more spendy. But many folks find it groovier and more fun than G10. So you do a cost-benefit analysis and see what factors are more important to you. I like lighter, grippier and less expensive, so I prefer G10. I sold my titanium and my Ti/G10 versions.

For me, the more titanium, the more better.

I take the blades out of the Militaries I like, and put them in Titanium framelocks. I do like the CF and G10 handles too, and they all have the s30v blades in them. CTS-XHP and S90v are next, whenever I can find them.

2012-10-11_00-59-03_831.jpg

photobucket-34511-1349401105677.jpg

After carrying a CF Military for a few years, the TiRIL models feel like bricks in pocket or hand. I never carried my M4 G-10/TiRIL Millie until I finally wore out my first S90V blade and transplanted the M4 blade into the CF handle. For me, titanium is just excess weight and wasted dollars.

DSCF0438.jpg

Any owners of both, what are your thoughts on these two? I have a G10 Millie and have always wanted a Ti version or the M4 Ti/G10 version. I've heard some say the Ti version is heavier, but that's not too important to me. Also, pictures are always a plus :thumbup:
err... when your g-10 or CF millie is clipped inside your pocket, aren't you bothered by the rough material scratching your fingers whenever you have to reach for something inside?

If anyone has any Ti Militaries with the steel inserts that they find too heavy to actually carry and use, I'll take them off your hands :)

err... when your g-10 or CF millie is clipped inside your pocket, aren't you bothered by the rough material scratching your fingers whenever you have to reach for something inside?

I can only speak for myself, but my fingers are not that fragile and with all the use I do it wears significantly smoother within a month.

A) I carry mine in my back pocket.

B) No.

I saw the MILITARY with titanium anodized handle scale.
Although there is no information in official web of spyderco, is this the custom MILITARY made recently?
How many knives were made?

As far as I know, the fluted titanium military is made in small batches each time which is why it's always on back order. Each one has differently colored scales because of the heat anodizing, which makes no two exactly alike.

No, I don't wear or intend to wear "skinny jeans".

I've had all three. I prefer the G10 or CF version. I like the ti, but it is heavier, and much less grippy. The M4 version is a nice compromise for frame lock with a little grip added. I think the best ones IMO are the CF S90V or M390.

i wonder by how much spyderco sales were to drop if people with fragile fingers, or those with knees so weak they can notice a 2-ounce difference, stopped buying?

OK, I have a brand new fluted ti on the way. I've always loved the blueing of the titanium pipes on my race bike, I wonder how that will look on a knife.

RevDevil the picture in the other thread how come you don't have the fluted version? Is there something you don't like about it?

Of the two Millies that I own--Ti & G10--I prefer to carry the G10 version. It is considerably lighter than the titanium. However, the titanium version would be the one I would choose in a survival situation. Primarily because once it's locked up it feels damned near like a fixed blade. But for EDC the G10 wins that coin toss for me.
DSC00072-1.jpg

DSC00081.jpg

I should also note that I very rarely EDC either the G10 or the Ti version of the Military. That duty goes almost exclusively to one of my Para 2's!

Back