• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Tim Noble, James Noble, Jim (James) Niven, J. Normen BACK AGAIN

Hey John,

I've lurked on here a good bit but I don't think I've posted here before.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know that somebody in the UK is ripping off your hatchet design and selling them on Ebay. He even has a "JN" logo where you have your "JK" logo.

Here's a link to one of the Ebay auctions:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stunning-bushcr...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a9f525d1f

Just thought you'd want to know, and your customers would want to know, so they don't get ripped off.

I believe that this might be the same guy that ripped off some of Fiddleback's designs.

That`s probably the same guy who was selling them here on BF too, after he told me he wanted one of mine and asked for the specs. Rumor has it that they are made in China.

It's the same guy who was ripping off Andy's designs.

I believe Koyote told me his shop that is mass producing these is in India.

I tried flagging some of the ebay auctions saying they're a counterfeit, don't know if it ever worked though.

His feedback seems pretty good, but I find it unlikely anyone like us that is actually going to use a knife is going to buy one from an unknown custom maker on Ebay.

When he's got a "Best offer" auction up I like to lowball and bicker back and forth and generally waste his time.

That guy, James\Tim Noble has been ripping off designs for a while. He even recently gave himself another name--James Nivven--to target American customers.

~Noah

Both are definately Mr. un Noble. He has created several different websites, many aliases and many different user names everywhere making it harder to track his thieving behavior.

The stolen design of the Hatchet in the link above matches one offered by Tim Noble, James Noble, Jim (James) Niven, J. Normen, etc located here;

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=157821619

He has been selling his India and China made stolen designs on GB under the user name - Hunter333020 for quite a while. You will note some of the same knives/hatchets/possibles bags, etc - all stolen designs made under dubious circumstances, that you will see him selling on other sites for sale. Esp you will see he is selling several of the design he stole from Andy (Fiddleback Forge) - a large Cleaver/Knife.

John, you may recommend to a Mod that we move this to the GBU and change the title to add Noble's name or start a new thread in the GBU and I will post the ref material above.

Yep, same guy. Been doing it for a while, he just doesn't get it. I have him on my saved seller list to keep an eye on him.

We ran into the same guy on the BushcraftUSA forum and had him banned for stealing leather work designs. I believe he is banned here as well, correct?

We ran into the same guy on the BushcraftUSA forum and had him banned for stealing leather work designs. I believe he is banned here as well, correct?

Yes. For BSing and spamming through the email system. Under multiple usernames as well, where he tried to sneak back in.

He is all over eBay, I actually purchased two of his knives before I knew about him, and in all honesty, for the money the knives are not too bad, BUT I refuse to further support his unbelievably dishonest business practices. Glad he is gone.

Well I did manage to slightly re profile and sharpen one Paki damascus??? blade he sold me for an unusually low price. I used an edgepro apex.

It's very sharp now but I haven't tested the retention of that edge yet. He sold it to me very dull

Without any use whatsoever a piece of the scale (one of the thin red ones) and it's two adjacent brass separators just came off they appeared to be only glued. The other larger scales are pinned. I wonder if the other three unpinned ones are going to follow.

In the wilderness they probably won't last. So much for the so called ancient Noble family blade smith tradition. I'll remember to bring some paracord if I ever do take this thing camping.

This knife was only sitting in the sheath when the scales came unglued. They just fell out when I unsheathed it about a week or two ago. By the way that sheath was delivered unfinished (I had to soak it with water to expand it and let it dry over the blade. Before that it would not fit now it's perfect.)

On top of that the scales are very poorly fitted on the top right before the blade (big gaps between them and the tang.)

Despite all of the above this thing still looks very pretty but I can see this is more of a do it yourself project than a properly constructed handmade knife.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt thinking he may have been a new knife maker who needed time to hone his skills (this is before the scales came unglued) I left good feedback but also noted the defects (at that time, the dull edge, a sheath that would not fit, and sloppy front scales) in the private section that is seen only by moderators and the seller.

This guy was given every benefit of the doubt and despite that from what I later read he was mostly around to screw custom knife makers out of their designs and lie to his customers about his outsourced cheap labor knives being his own handmade custom designs.

Live and learn.

What should I use to complete this unfinished project would epoxy be good to re glue the scales ?

Greater, yeah his knives definitely are dull as butter knives out of the box, and the scales and grind on my first one were pretty poor. Definitely a DIY project knife. So, you might as well DIY and get a better knife, lol.

oh.. no.. not that guy again...:mad: he needs to just get on the ball and get some designs of his own already...:thumbdn:

If anyone has one (especially if it's a knockoff of something of John's) and wants to run a jwilliams style torture test of it I'd kick in a few bucks. Would be interesting to see.

I have two of his "Bushcraft" knives that I wouldn't mind seeing destroyed, lol. HOWEVER they did cost like 110 Bucks. So, if we can get a pool together I will donate it to be destroyed.

Back