• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Tired of thick, chunky, heavy, overbuilt Neckers???

the title says it all, are you sick and tired of thick, heavy, overbuilt neckers that take up permanent residence at the bottom of your knife drawer instead of being with you and working everyday?

Here is one of my Carter Pattern lightweight neckers, decked out with a handsanded and etched finish, Indian Rosewood handle with brass pins. this one is a super light, nice and thin, light to medium use utility knife, for daily cutting uses such as opening mail, trimming fingernails, peeling an apple, making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, ect... of course they work great in the field for small game, wild turkeys, and trout. this pattern also works pretty good on game up to the size of antelope and smaller mule deer!

of course if you don't like neck carry, you can run the neck cord through the hollow rivets to make a handy belt loop {this is the way I carry one every day}.

OAL- 7"

blade- 3 3/8" long tip to scales, .055" thick at the spine, .026" measured 1/4" behind the edge, and .010" thick at the shoulder of the edge. 3/4" wide

steel- 1095 high carbon, differentially hardened. heat treat includes a double normalize, double anneal, triple edge quench and triple temper for a really nice performing blade that takes and holds a great edge and yet is easy to resharpen!

grind- a full flat grind, sharpened on a DMT 325 diamond hone with micro bevels, to an aggressive razor edge

finish- 600 grit handsanded finish, then etched in ferric to bring out the hardening line.

handle- Indian Rosewood with peened brass pins. handle is finished with 200 grit with the lines running lengthwise with the handle so it looks good yet isn't slick

sheath- .060 thick kydex with small black rivets. stripped paracord, easily adjustable, and it is cut for my necker safety feature.

weight - 2.30 ounces for the total package of knife, sheath and cord. That's about the weight of a Zippo lighter!!!!!! for the WHOLE PACKAGE!!

$175 plus $5 for shiping/insurance to CONUS. I can accept paypal Joe357m@bresnan.net or money order. This one is also on my website, and can be purchased there also at caltoncutlery.com

1st to post "I'll take it" gets it!!! There are also a couple more similar on my website at www.caltoncutlery.com

413998226.jpg

Ships within 48 hours of payment priority with ins.

Feedback appreciated, and thanks for looking!

If you would like one like this one or different, PM or email with details!

That’s an ultralight backpackers dream right there. If I didn’t already have a David Farmer I’m in love with, I would snatch it up. I’m really digging these neckers. I love the hamon. Nice work!

thanks for the kind words shotgun!! I have heard good things about david farmer, and am glad you are enjoying it!

Back