• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Tired of thick, heavy, overbuilt neckers?????

the title says it all, are you sick and tired of thick, heavy, overbuilt neckers that take up permanent residence at the bottom of your knife drawer instead of being with you and working everyday?

Here is one of my lightweight neckers, decked out with a handsanded finish, Bocote handle with aluminum guard and a steel pin. this one is a super light, nice and thin, light to medium use utility knife, for daily cutting uses such as opening mail, trimming fingernails, peeling an apple, making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, ect... of course they work great in the field for small game, wild turkeys, and trout. this pattern also works pretty good on game up to the size of antelope and smaller whitetails!

of course if you don't like neck carry, you can run the neck cord through the hollow rivets to make a handy belt loop {this is the way I carry one every day}.

OAL- 6 3/4"

blade- 3" long tip to scales, .073" thick at the spine, .032" measured 1/4" behind the edge, and .011" thick at the shoulder of the edge. 11/16" wide

steel- 1095 high carbon, differentially hardened. heat treat includes a double normalize, double anneal, triple edge quench { most of the blades width on these narrow blades} and triple temper for a really nice performing blade that takes and holds a great edge and yet is easy to resharpen!

grind- a full flat grind, sharpened on a Smiths 325 diamond hone with micro bevels, to an aggressive razor edge

finish- 400 grit handsanded finish, then etched in ferric to bring out the hardening line.

handle- Bocote with steel pin and aluminum guard. handle is finished with 200 grit with the lines running lengthwise with the handle so it looks good yet isn't slick

sheath- .060 thick kydex with small black rivets. stripped paracord, easily adjustable, and it is cut for my necker safety feature.

weight - 2.25 ounces for the total package of knife, sheath and cord. That's about the weight of a Zippo lighter!!!!!! for the WHOLE PACKAGE!!

I did a few videos on youtube on my 2 lines of neckers:

to explain what I am after in a neck knife

and a destructive test of the Carter style necker

$165 plus $7 for shiping/insurance to CONUS. I can accept paypal Joe357m@bresnan.net or money order.

1st to post "I'll take it" gets it!!!

413560409.jpg

Ships within 48 hours of payment priority with ins.

Feedback appreciated, and thanks for looking!

If you would like one like this one or different, PM or email with details!

Unless it is different from mine it's a hidden tang. I have one of Joe's hunters. Great edge, ergos, and craftsmanship. I wish I had the spare $, I'd snap this one up.

cbach8tw-- thanks! this one is a hidden tang.

allen207-- thanks for the kind words, and it is good to hear that you are enjoying the hunter!

Joe:

Nice design Sir. VERY nice job on the videos - well done. I agree with you that a thinner blade works great in the field - I've been gravitating towards using thinner stock myself.

Back