Titanium & Talonite

Just finished one of the most challenging projects of my life....two nearly identical knives out of .160 6/4 titanium and .160 talonite...with all ti parts, including the screws (at $4.85 each!!!!!) for Ray in Austria...just sent them this morning and wanted to post the pic.
talonitefolder.jpg

------------------
http://www.mayoknives.com

OUTSTANDING TOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
"Always think of your fellow knife makers as partners in the search for the perfect blade, not as people trying to compete with you and your work!"

Tom,
Great looking knife.
Les Halpern has some 2x56x1/2" pan head slotted Ti screws at a phenominal price. Give him a call.

all ti parts were bead blasted with fairly coarse glass beads at medium pressure. blade is satin finished with 400 grit. teflon washers. it was WAY more work than i had anticipated when i quoted him a price.

------------------

What a knife!

I don't smoke, but I think I need a cigarette. *sigh*

------------------
Don LeHue

The pen is mightier than the sword...outside of arm's reach. Modify radius accordingly for rifle.

Thanks a lot all of you....so many knives that all of us make disappear into the void of some collectors drawer that i wanted to share it with the world ...i was very pleased with the results myself.....aloha to all of you,especially ray for trusting me with his idea...and all his money......tom

------------------

[This message has been edited by tom mayo (edited 26 October 1999).]

WOW!! Having dealt with Tom in the past not only can Ray be assured of 1st Class workmanship but also way more than his money's worth. Fantasic looking knife Tom, Xmas is coming up, maybe I should talk to the wife and try to squeeze in one more knife before the end of the year.

tom-you need to give her about 1k and tell her to give me a call and i will set you up for christmas...or maybe one for everyone in your family...better send 2k...since it is that time of year (y2k i mean.) dont forget to wear your vest when you go out in public, i know thats a very high crime area up there in makawao.

What do you mean wear my vest when I go out in public, I sleep with that thing on!!
smile.gif
You know Makawao, paniolo country and all you never know what to expect.

first, thank you tom for beeing such a great guy, he always let me feel like a friend and he helped me a lot with his experience...
it's definetly not the last knife i will get from you, i hope so...
also thanks to rob, he is a great guy too...
and thanks to all the kind words...

Ray

TOM!

Great Work can't await to get mine!

Ray is very excited about the pictures!

Can you make us double action ones?

Anyone interested in one of these knives?
If yes let me or Ray (Blademan) know!

------------------
Markus Blattner

www.collectorsdreams.com

BTW, this folder is unnamed yet, markus and i are looking for a name for it, any ideas?

Ray

Looks fantastic! Aren't the best projects the ones that challenge you like that? I'm envious
smile.gif

-Drew

Back