Titanium & Talonite

darrel, i do my best
smile.gif

What do you guys think about this knife with stainless damascus from devin and anodized blue with gold anodized screws???????rays idea! and darrel, whats the heheh all about???????

------------------
http://www.mayoknives.com

[This message has been edited by tom mayo (edited 28 October 1999).]

How about a completely bead-blasted one with CPM blade steel? Yeah, baby! Yeah!

Great job Tom, I have been very pleased with the two knives you have made for me. I really like the one you did with the recycled Iron wood handle, and the 440V Blade.I look forward to my next piece.

Floyd

Hoss...the reason i said almost identical is cause that the only difference. the other one is completely bead blasted. send me that preban shorty and ill get to work on a couple for you. Floyd...keep sending me wood and ill keep sending you knives. used another piece of quail wood for a 420v knife over the weekend....nice wood...great steel!

[This message has been edited by tom mayo (edited 29 October 1999).]

I have received mine today!

Tom, you have done a super job on it! Especially the polished tip on the bead-blasted blade! I could not find a single flaw in the knife!

I recomend Tom's work to anybody!

------------------
Markus Blattner

www.collectorsdreams.com

Tom,

I should pop into this forum far more often. That is a beauty! You were asked above if you decided to make the design a regular offering despite the amount of work. That and whether you came up with a name for the piece. It looks to have great ergonomics and balance... wish I could handle it
smile.gif
!!!

------------------
-=[Bob Allman]=-

I did NOT escape from the institution! They gave me a day pass!

BFC member since the very beginning
Member: American Knife & Tool Institute
......... Varmint Hunters Association
......... National Rifle Association
......... Praire Thunder Inc.
......... Rapid City Rifle Club
......... Spearfish Rifle & Pistol Club
pending: Buck Collectors Club (prime interest: 532s)
Certified Talonite(r) enthusiast!

Bob,

The knife is available for purchase and ordering through me or blademan. As on ergonomics, this is one of the best knives I have handled in my knife carriing life (25 years now), both for utility and defensive use. It works equally well in the saber and rear grip, I am thinking about getting a damascus version with abalone inlays. I mail you a pic.

Also I think talonite is a superior cutting material!

I will put a review of the knife up in the revíew forum!

Thanks Tom for the outstanding work!

------------------
Markus Blattner

www.collectorsdreams.com

as markus inferred...this is not my knife design and i promised ray i would make this style for no one else...if anyone is interested please contact ray (blademan). and thanks....tom

------------------
http://www.mayoknives.com

Back