Todays Hunt

Went hunting with my brother George (Turkey George here on BF) IT was a perfect morning, the fog wasn't to bad & the temp was just cool enough to wear longsleeves comfortable(60deg) We had been walking for an hour when we jumped 2 does ! They took up the hill, George decided to take pursuit & I went on ahead to try to cut them off. George got lucky, the Doe's were standing at the top of the hill when he got up there so he got to take a shot(32yds) Made a clean kill, the doe was standing quarting towards him.
George & his Bloody CarbonExpress Maxima Hunter w/ 100g Rage 3blade tip
Picture569.jpg
[/IMG]
His Bow-
2009 Martin Moab ProHunter
Picture581.jpg
[/IMG]
His trophy -
Picture577.jpg
[/IMG]
He used his "BREEDEN CUB" to process his deer -
Picture582.jpg
[/IMG]
Picture583.jpg
[/IMG]
Ready to go -
Picture584.jpg
[/IMG]
Me -
Picture586.jpg
[/IMG]
My Bow- 2008 ROSS CARDIAC
Picture580.jpg
[/IMG]
Picture579.jpg
[/IMG]

Congrats... That doe will taste really good this winter.
I just got home. I thought it would be the perfect day. Rain, wind, cooler temps.
I didn't see one deer :confused: Oh well. Always tomorrow

You brother was able to chase down and kill a dear with a bow. I just dont hear about that to often. That is so awesome! I generally hear more about ambush hunting with a bow. Did your brother have to stock far after you first jumped them?

Matt

Cool pics. Great hunt. I spent a few days hunting in Floyd County Ky last year. That was a lot different than Indiana!

Thanks for posting the pics. There's something special about sharing a hunt with close family.

Cool pics and congrats looks like those rage broadheads really do the job. Although i've never tried them, I still use thunderheads.

Cool pics and congrats looks like those rage broadheads really do the job. Although i've never tried them, I still use thunderheads.
Dude....the RAGE broadheads really make a mess ! There was Blood everywhere ! she didn't run 30yds down hill !

You brother was able to chase down and kill a dear with a bow. I just dont hear about that to often. That is so awesome! I generally hear more about ambush hunting with a bow. Did your brother have to stock far after you first jumped them?

Matt
He didn't stalk very far maybe 50yds...the 2 does were paying to much attention to me, I was trying to get ahead of them to cut them off & myabe get set up for a shot.

Awesome stuff buddy, thanks for the pics ! Any recipes in mind ?
Thanks Pit....He usually fixes a roast w/ carrotts & taters & onions... Mmmmmm

Maybe in the next couple of weeks I'll tag me out one :rolleyes: !
Thanks everyone

That will be some tasty venison! Thanks for sharing pics of your hunt with us.
Bruce

Awesome! I almost had one in range Sat but she didnt come up the hill far enough. Also saw 3 larger doe and 3 fawn total.

I'll head back out next weekend or maybe one night after work :)

You guys did GREAT!

a shot quartering towards you? as a bowhunter you know this is an iffy shot at best. hehe....

a shot quartering towards you? as a bowhunter you know this is an iffy shot at best. hehe....

Yep...she was at an angle face towards him....look at the entry wound on her. It shredded both lungs & made a nasty cut in her liver ! Made a complete pass thru !

Yep...she was at an angle face towards him....look at the entry wound on her. It shredded both lungs & made a nasty cut in her liver ! Made a complete pass thru !

lucky shot :D.. more times than not it hits a shoulder or leg bone (which can easily stray your shot to a non vital area). usually this shot is frawned upon as non ethical for bow shots. either way deer down. she is a pretty one too.. noticed the nice terrain you guys have where you hunt. that should be challenging in itself.

Back