Today's Pile (groups of knives - traditional only)

Pile of 55-57 Same frame different configurations

9dhogR8.jpg
Very nice line up but the two Wharncliffes on the end got my intrest peaked. I noticed how the green jigged bone's blade folds out from the larger bolster. Was that so they could fit a taller blade or am I seeing things?o_O

Night Rider Night Rider Thanks, yes they simply reversed the frame on this pattern 55-57. The Green one is a 57 with the master blade running from the large end, it has a sunk joint as a result and can carry a secondary Pen blade at the other end-single-spring no rub or catching.:cool: The Red 55 Houndstooth is single and runs from the small end, both excellent interpretations.
The 57's Wharncliffe is slightly shorter but wider than the 55's which is a long frame filling blade.

Regards, Will

Cool to see, Dave! So, what is the wide, square-end chisel/spatula shaped blade for???
Skiving maybe??? Horsewright Horsewright

Last edited:
Cool to see, Dave! So, what is the wide, square-end chisel/spatula shaped blade for???
Skiving maybe??? Horsewright Horsewright
Yes sir its a push skiver prototype. I made the first photo out of .040stock. It was too thin. These are .080 stock and will be at 63rc.

Great selection right there :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:
Looks like stockman and trapper knives reign supreme.
I have a drawer that I keep all my "users" in too.

Thanks. Most of my users are in the tackle box I posted earlier but sometimes I put some of them here for easier access. I also usually keep my ebony 73 trapper here that I use so much. I have quite a few trappers but stockmans reign supreme by a large margin.

Last edited:
Back