Today's Pile (groups of knives - traditional only)

This pile today is a remembrance pile, my Brother passed away right before Thanksgiving and he was the most avid hunter and fisherman I knew. We enjoyed annual hunting trips since we were both teens until now. We always swapped knives, guns and gear. At Christmas time his daughter handed me a box of knives and told me to take want I wanted. I only took the knives that meant something to the both of us, of these knives all but one will be handed down to my kids and grandkids. The one that I will keep is the Buck 120, this knife had been shared by us for quit a few years, he took on bear hunts and I took it to Alaska twice for moose. My brother always had 1 or 2 extra knives on him and if he meet up with youth Hunter out in the woods he would gift them a knife and tell them they needed to get off to a good start with a good knife. The rest of the box of knives are being donated to scout troops in his area.

Sorry to hear about your brother. Sounds like you shared quite a few terrific experiences in the outdoors. Donating several of his knives to a Scout troop sounds like a great idea too. Hopefully several of those knives go on to new outdoor adventures.

XeSLxkl.jpg

Pile of 2019 cutlery acquisitions.

Back