Tom Selleck carries a traditional lockback

If I were Tom Selleck, I'd carry a custom, too. Mine might not be that different... I really like the Mountain Man-style lockbacks, so if I could have any custom maker produce one for me, mine might well be an integral-bolster/all steel/stag/D2 bladed lockback. :cool: :D

"Ivan, did you see the sunrise?" Magnum PI

Anybody remember that episode? Great ending...:thumbup:

If it's larger, and Selleck is a big guy, then it could be a Queen Mountain Man in stag.

He is large, the host Conan O'Brien is about 6'7" and gangly, and when Selleck came out he looked to be just a couple inches shy of that height, and more stout of build, heh.

I would suspect a custom made knife, too.

I think I heard or read that he also owns the Sharps he used in Quigley Down Under.

That is a great movie.

Are the Jesse Stone movies available on DVD?

Charlie Noyes

Quigley Down Under.[/U]

That is a great movie.
He also stayed at Mike Venturino's ranch for some time before the movie, getting instruction from Mike on how to handle and use that Sharps, one of the many reasons that he looks so authentic - he actually knows what he was doing.

Me and my family have greatly enjoyed the Jesse Stone movie reruns, I think it's some of his best work ever! I appreciate any hollywood type standing up for the Constitution regardless! That does look like the Mt. Man style Lockback in his large hands.

Don't know why I didn't think of this before now.
That tomato stake is probably 3/4" x 3/4" and the blade (by my highly scientific method) measures 5 tomato stake widths long, or 3.75"
The Mountain Man blade I believe is rumored to be 3 5/8" (WELL within my margin of error I think) so that is definitely more likely than the GEC. So I surely would have lost my bet.
Dudes got big hands.
6284940714_5a0d16b128_b.jpg

Last edited:
You could probably email his manager and ask for details lol...I've asked questions to a couple actors and got replies, albeit it sometimes takes a while for a reply.

Flymon: Can you see if Tom will sign my Queen Mountain Man lockback for me? :D

I like all this speculating!

If he has big hands then it could be a G.E.C. 23 of some sort, Frontier Bone, Primitive Bone or Stag. Those knives are boat sized:D:eek:

Tom Selleck's Manager:
Nina Nisenholtz
N2N Entertainment
1230 Montana Avenue
Suite 203
Santa Monica, CA 90403
Phone: 310-394-2900

Tom Selleck's Publicist:
Annett Wolf
Wolf Kasteler Van Iden & Associates
335 North Maple Drive
Suite 351
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Phone: 310-205-0618

Anyone game enough to make a phone call? I would if I was back stateside...if no one has by the time I'm back I'll probably call his publicist to ask him. :) I'd personally really like to know and Tom being as down to earth as he is I'm sure wouldn't mind answering.

PS. these details are freely publicized online so figured it would be ok to put em on here.

I will call on Monday. Could get interesting.

Gives me an idea for a giveaway if I am successful.

I hope if you find out you'll post the answer here on this thread. I'd be interested to know also. My wife is a great fan of his.

Paul

Back