Tommy Gann Slip Joint

Tommy and I found a nice piece of ivory at Blade and got this project started. Tommy was extremely gracious and a lot of fun to work with from start to finish, and I'm extremely pleased with the result. He's a great guy and a very talented maker. He told me he intends to do more slippies, so I look forward to seeing what he comes up with. I can tell you the level of craftsmanship on this piece is outstanding.

It's got a 3 1/8" blade of 300 layered 15n20 / 1084 damascus (the same billet Tommy used for his JS test knife), 7" overall, 416 stainless bolsters.

Sorry about the pics, but I tried :cool:

101_5237.jpg

101_5205.jpg

101_5217.jpg

101_5214.jpg

101_5198.jpg

Last edited:
very nice piece. TG makes some great knives. I got three including a slippy at Blade 2010. You will enjoy this one for sure.

That is a winner in every respect - a real beauty of a slipjoint. Congrats on your new piece and hats off to Tommy.

Roger

Congrats Eli.
Tommy Gann is one to watch.
He offers nice designs with excellent fit/finish at VERY reasonable prices.

Congrats Eli.
Tommy Gann is one to watch.
He offers nice designs with excellent fit/finish at VERY reasonable prices.

+1 :thumbup: I agree wholeheartedly!

That is the nicest slippie i've seen that Tommy has done yet. Congrats Eli, and well done Tommy.

Peter

Thanks guys, I REALLY like this one a lot, Tommy definitely exceeded my expectations --- so much so that now I'm second guessing my original intent to put it into the EDC rotation :)

I'm not at all surprised that it looks perfect. Tommy has some SERIOUS skillz!!! :thumbup: :cool:

Looking forward to seeing you again in San Antonio, Eli!!! :) :cool:

Congrats, Eli, awesome pick up ! :cool:
Great work, Tommy Gann ! :thumbup:

Doug

I'm not at all surprised that it looks perfect. Tommy has some SERIOUS skillz!!! :thumbup: :cool:

Looking forward to seeing you again in San Antonio, Eli!!! :) :cool:

Thanks Nick, it'll be great to see you too (sure hope you have better travel fortunes than last year :eek:)

thanks guys for the comments. eli hope you enjoy it. it was fun to build
tommy

Tommy, it's a gorgeous blade, I'm beyond pleased. It's my first custom folder and my first Gann, but definitely not my last. Thanks for being so easy to work with.

Man, we're seeing some awesome silp joints lately and this one looks to be at the top of the heap.

Very nice knife.

Didn't know Tommy made slippies but glad to see he applies the same level of precision and artistry to his folders as he does to his straight knives. Outstanding piece, mere pockets are not worthy!

Beautiful !!

By far my favorite slippie design is this trapper style.
My favorite ivory color and texture is white/brown cracked ice.

Doomed again, for breaking #10

You shall not covet thy neighbors knife ;)

:cool:

Back