Tommy Gann Slip Joint

Gorgeous. I like everythiing about that knife. The bark pattern on both sides is beautifully matched with enough ivory white showing through to actually look like ivory. The damascus pattern is pleasantly interesting without being distracting or gaudy. The blade shape reminds me of a T. Bose backpocket model, but the handle is trimmer than the BP, which I think gives it a sleeker, more attractive profile and makes for easier carry--also improves the blade-to-handle ratio visually. Artistic but not overdone--much like his small bowies, which are so captivating. THAT's a beautiful knife. Thanks for posting it.

THANKS for the compliments all!

Beautiful !!

By far my favorite slippie design is this trapper style.
My favorite ivory color and texture is white/brown cracked ice.
Doomed again, for breaking #10

You shall not covet thy neighbors knife ;)

:cool:

David, you and I have very similar tastes (guess that's why your knives are so pretty to me). Tommy and I looked at a lot of ivory, including some geens and blues, which seem to be more "collectible", but the white/brown is by far my favorite.

Gorgeous. I like everythiing about that knife. The bark pattern on both sides is beautifully matched with enough ivory white showing through to actually look like ivory. The damascus pattern is pleasantly interesting without being distracting or gaudy. The blade shape reminds me of a T. Bose backpocket model, but the handle is trimmer than the BP, which I think gives it a sleeker, more attractive profile and makes for easier carry--also improves the blade-to-handle ratio visually. Artistic but not overdone--much like his small bowies, which are so captivating. THAT's a beautiful knife. Thanks for posting it.

Good eye Will. That's the thing that first drew my attention to Tommy's folders on his table at Blade -- they were very sleek (thinner than this one.) We wanted it to be as slim as possible, so Tommy took the scales down as far as he could without feeling like they might come apart. I intend to have Tommy do another even thinner one, with some material that can handle it. (no pun intended :) )

Back