Too big, too strong, too hard...

I believe Thomas said the production would be flat ground instead of hollow. I hope I'm wrong though. :)

Lol, as long as it comes evenly grinded,you can keep the pocket jewelry . I use my blades a lot at work wouldnt want to damage my lock bar ;).honestly i didnt like that blade at all, i preferred the umnum. No, ive handled a lot of rjs courtesy of my friends at the njkca s i was able to attend and they all have awesome high hollows. One might even say a trademark of his folders so to not have it would be a disappointment.

Lol, as long as it comes evenly grinded,you can keep the pocket jewelry . I use my blades a lot at work wouldnt want to damage my lock bar ;).honestly i didnt like that blade at all, i preferred the umnum. No, ive handled a lot of rjs courtesy of my friends at the njkca s i was able to attend and they all have awesome high hollows. One might even say a trademark of his folders so to not have it would be a disappointment.

Not sure what you do at work anymore but you use your knives at work right?

How about something tough like a ZT 0200 for work (or lighter Spyderco) and then a folder like this one for home use and evening wear?

Actually the Hinderer collaborations should fit right up a guys alley for a tough work folder. The 0551 keeps popping up on the exchange now and then and it has Elmax I think? That would make for a rugged slicer and at a nice price too!

0551 you say, got one and its a slicer alright ;)
409690_254547077969753_658852419_n.jpg
all of my blades have been carried at work. Thats what they are for ,right? Here is what i do at work :)
XMhttp://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/897280-XM-18-3-5-quot-review SRhttp://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/904997-Ti-SR-1 and of course a blurhttp://jungletraining.com/forums/showthread.php?4738-cpm-154-blur& and even a spydie http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/894176-vg10-delica-review#post10134915

Last edited:
I believe Thomas said the production would be flat ground instead of hollow. I hope I'm wrong though. :)

Yeah thats what he said. But I think that blade style BEGS for a hollow grind. If its a flat ground Ill take it too but on that particular knife I think a hollow grind does it more justice.

I am looking for a Rampage style grind from Kershaw, seems like little interest. :(

You can always add a deep hollow grind, but its almost impossible to put it back from hollow to flat. Start making plans for a custom regrind.

I hope they do decide to make the production model a hollow grind instead. Where's the thread about the great hollow vs flat rebate?

I am looking for a Rampage style grind from Kershaw, seems like little interest. :(

You can always add a deep hollow grind, but its almost impossible to put it back from hollow to flat. Start making plans for a custom regrind.

I hope they do decide to make the production model a hollow grind instead. Where's the thread about the great hollow vs flat rebate?

Check out the Groove and Zing.

Thats niiiiiiice!

Is there a world of difference after the regrind?

On the note of the 0600, I'm a little disappointed that it won't be hollow ground. :(

there wasnt much discussion about it, thomas simply stated earlier in this thread that it will be flat ground. As for the Rampage I think the reason your seeing little interest in it is because IMHO that style of blade is on the outs. For awhile recurve tantos and crazy shapes like that were all the rage but I think people got burned out on them. A few makers did some really great takes on it but I think people just got sick of it. To me it seems the organic look is really in and people are looking at sweeping elegant lines instead of the aggressive tribal look. Not to say they dont have their place or that they dont sell but I just dont think they are as popular as the were a year or two ago. Hence not much interest in the scavenger and it being discontinued.

Thats niiiiiiice!

Is there a world of difference after the regrind?

On the note of the 0600, I'm a little disappointed that it won't be hollow ground. :(
Its a scalpel. I ll bring it tomorrow, fingers crossed i will be at Tarantellas by 545

Back