TOPS BOB Fieldcraft Knife ?

Well, one of the things I like about the knife is that it is 3/16" thick. I wanted one with a bit of extra beef in case Murphy showed up. I have to agree with you about the Shango notch,it is an accident waiting to happen. I rather like the kydex sheath, it does not attract water to it like leather will. I don't view it as tactical,more like practical. ;) I do agree the clip sucks,I removed mine and created my own dangler attachment. I can really admire the Tops Cub,but as long as it's priced higher than the BOB I'm not biting. Still happy with my Fieldcraft,but of course I'm not a believer in the "one knife to rule them all" approach. The Fieldcraft does seem to cover a lot of bases though.

Using the knife more this weekend

I am very pleasantly suprised how well it handles heavier cutting
And transitions flawlessly to smaller fine cutting tasks

I was cutting Olive wood branches to make walking sticks (downed from a recemt snowstorm)
The knife easily cut off the branches, sliced thru smaller branches to smooth the knots
And then peeled the bark at a fine constant angle without cutting into the wood itself

The modified Scandi works very well

I started off using a 12" machette and a 3 1/2" Enzo Trapper, which was a great combo
I then tried the BOB, and stayed with it for both heavy and fine cutting

"one knife to rule them all" ???

Neeman,very happy to hear you've given the BOB a job (no pun intended) and it came through with flying colors. I find the BOB to be pretty versatile in taking on quite a number of chores. I also have a 12" machete that still does a great job for me dealing with light chopping tasks.

I have a Tops BOB and absolutely love it!!!:)
Great for all around woods tasks and Bushcrafting. Slices well, holds an edge, and is very confortable.

Back