Toughest Folders

If you had to choose one folder that was super tough you can baton with what would you choose? (not asking for reccomendations) my choice benchmade adamas

id choose a fixed blade for anything that required toughness. especially for batoning. maybe a Medford if i were entertaining the idea.

I'd use a svord peasant knife. L6 steel and pretty much nothing in it that's going to break. If the front screw somehow breaks it takes 10 seconds to replace it. If the blade does break I'm out 20 bucks.

ZT 0550. Watch the "hard use testing: Zero Tolerance 0550" by Vininull on youtube. It sold me and the 0550 was the first ZT I bought. Its awesome!

Demko AD-10+P Ti 3V w/ convex grind has to be in the discussion. Since you happen to be looking in the direction of tough yet affordable production folders, you may want to take a look at the Cold Steel 4-MAX. 4.5mm of 20CV backed up by the venerable Tri-Ad Lock.

62rn_1_1.jpg

Demko AD-10+P Ti 3V w/ convex grind has to be in the discussion. Since you happen to be looking in the direction of tough yet affordable production folders, you may want to take a look at the Cold Steel 4-MAX. 4.5mm of 20CV backed up by the venerable Tri-Ad Lock.

62rn_1_1.jpg

Why convex? Does it have more meterial behind the edge then a v grind? :)

I would choose a vintage marbles pocket safety axe.
It may not be a folding knife but it is a hatchet with a folding bit guard.

Apparently the Steel Will Gekko is supposed to be up to the task. Other than that Cold Steels with Tri-Ad locks might be another good bet. Any folder that has a very good lock is the best bet for batonning.

However you can actually baton with almost any folding knife (not well though) by doing the batonning with the knife unlocked. If you don't lock the knife you don't have to worry about battoning destroying your lockup.

Back