Track Rock 2019

Bruno is anxious and ready to hit the road. TR can't get here soon enough.

FTxZJLq.jpg

Last edited:
One week out. Just so we can have a lay of the land, where is everyone staying for TR that is going? Site or cabin number would be helpful. Seems we're a little spread out and I'll consolidate where everyone is in this post. When I called the campgrounds a couple days back the tent sites were all filled and there were only a few RV sites off the north road left.

Justen/Cohutta - Site 49
Big Deal, NOLA, Vance - Offsite cabin
Norest - Cabin #1
ndmiller - Site 43
RLo, Crex (+ Cliff) will be offsite at Misty Mountain Cabins
Swo - Somewhere in a sleeping bag.

Last edited:
Justen - Somewhere on the campgrounds in my trailer or in Hiawassee.
Big Deal, NOLA & VANCE - Offsite cabin.
NoRest #1. This is my first time at Trackrock. I'm looking forward to finally meeting you all!

As mentioned above I'm staying in the offsite cabin with Big Deal.

I have a deposit down on campsite #49 if anyone wants it. If not, I'm going to cancel it.

I leave for the airport at 4:30 in the AM. Bob, I'm counting on you for a couch, but I'm bringing my air pump in case I have to invest in a Walmart special $10 air mattress. (Full disclosure, iIt was still in the huge red "trackrock special" suitcase that I didn't seem to fully unpack from last year...)

Picture from last Spring (I think it was spring, or it's going to be way warmer this fall.)

2018032513421993-IMG_0611-L.jpg

Hey gang,

My plans changed and will not be up today, rather tomorrow for the day. Bmurray Bmurray count me out for supply shopping today, but will help tomorrow.

"What happens at Trackrock stays at Trackrock" is not a wholly bad idea in some instances, but that was more of a "I couldn't figure out how to post pictures from my phone."

i-HqMGMgS-X2.jpg

i-PNnLs9g-X2.jpg

i-32L7P6K-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Great weekend. Seriously, if you can make it in any way, you really should. It's magical on many levels. Not only does it restore my faith in humanity, I always learn more in a weekend than I will learn online the rest of the year. Where else can you get a Master Smith to explain to you how to forge a dagger shape, but then have him help you actually do it. Or have Andy Roy teach you how to shape a handle, or shoot the breeze (there wasn't any this year) with Rick Lowe while he helps you make a sheath, or check out the awesome collection of engines and shop tools or listen to old farts make up stories about when they were young.

i-B6CkbM6-X3.jpg

i-3wBhBjn-X2.jpg

i-Xj2hq34-X3.jpg

Last edited:
When I wasn't helping out the munchkins or forging butter knives, I even managed to bang these out. (Normalizing them in the oven at home)

i-r92PNBN-X3.jpg

Pretty cool seat on the plane ride home to KC in time to watch the Chiefs. (I feel bad for those around me because I know I was snoring...)

i-LH752SZ-X3.jpg

Spring Dates were announced as March 13-14, 2020.

The other complication in posting is that Trackrock is a dead zone when it comes to a cell signal or wifi.

Here's a picture I took on the drive there this year. Pull up Google Maps and search for "Middle Ocoee Put-in" to the right is down river but to the left is upriver and the location of the 1996 Olympics Whitewater Events Center. It's a very scenic drive during the fall. Panoramic view makes it a little funky to view.

IMG_2477.JPG

Last edited:
Back