Traditional and Modern pairings

oX6RLLf.jpg

c28eafab50c2b85a9c0d92b31fce7b2a.jpg

The Chris Reeve is the only modern folder I carry now. If has kicked my Spyderco PM2 out of my pocket. The small Sebenza with the insingo blade is a perfect EDC. I'm starting to think the #15 is gonna kick my #77 out too.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

A very kind and generous friend and workmate of mine gave me his Leatherman Wave this week. My friend is near (actually just past) retirement age and is a hard working man of great integrity and a true example to me. I will treasure his gift as dearly as I would any traditional knife. We work in maintenance on a large estate in the south of England and, despite my love of traditional folders, I know this tool will be of great use to me and I appreciate its design and quality. There can be no doubt however, despite my desire to carry the Wave for its functionality and its sentiment, that I shall in no way be turning my back on my beloved traditionals. Far from it. In fact the Leatherman, being quite heavy duty, will allow me to rotate a number of my smaller traditionals for easy access and lighter tasks. Many thanks to my great pal Brian and may I, in time, become more like him. :tranquillity:

Untitled by Blake Blade, on Flickr

Last edited:
Today was the first time that I decided to carry two "big" knives. I'm a small knife guy but decided to throw the Washington Jack and Boker Urban Trapper into my pockets. It was a coincidence, then, that we got some "big" news in that my sister-in-law is pregnant with TWINS! Our baby girl is going to have two cousins only 6 months younger than her! Christmas will be busy! :eek:

zbKCM1o.jpg

Back