Traditional French Fry day

I live in western Europe, Luxembourg.
Not knife related, but the absolute BEST cigars I ever had were CORP DIPLOMATS in the md-1970's, that were made in Luxembourg.
Never harsh, not even to the last 0.75 to 0.5 inch.
I haven't seen them in decades. If I did ... I might take up smoking again.

I remember "corps diplomat".
It was 49 --> 50 years ago, so I "might" be rong. 😇
I got them at a (now long gone) pipe & cigar shoppe in downtown Davenport, Iowa.
They were a mild dry cigar requiring no humidor, and with no 🤬🤬🤬 sleeve.
I toted a days worth in a leather pouch, next to my pipe tobacco & Savinelli bent bit or straight bit (I had both) pipe.
I sure hope the motherless thing that decided it "needed" the pipes more than me, got a visit from Ms. Karma, and is no more. 😡🤬

I remember "corps diplomat".
It was 49 --> 50 years ago, so I "might" be rong. 😇
I got them at a (now long gone) pipe & cigar shoppe in downtown Davenport, Iowa.
They were a mild dry cigar requiring no humidor, and with no 🤬🤬🤬 sleeve.
I toted a days worth in a leather pouch, next to my pipe tobacco & Savinelli bent bit or straight bit (I had both) pipe.
I sure hope the motherless thing that decided it "needed" the pipes more than me, got a visit from Ms. Karma, and is no more. 😡🤬
50 years ago I was 4 years old....so smoking was not at top of my priority list........so I'm not 100%, but I only heard or read about "Corps Diplomatique" cigars. The more "Corps Diplomat" wouldn't be correct neither in French, German, English nor Dutch language.

Corps Diplomatique used to be Belgian cigars, but it seems as if they were not made anymore.

A 12cm Laguiole made by Robert Cécon, who has his workshop in Laguiole. The scales are horn tip.

IMG_2343.jpeg

IMG_2342.jpeg

Last edited:
and apparently so do you 🤣

Please send us some pictures, it's really a huge show !

Â
I will do my best, but I can't promise anything......

On Saturday morning the show opens at 09:00, till around 10:00 to 10:30 it's rather calm, it is possible to get good pics before the first big rush. The problem is that if you use that time for taking pics, your picking at the "top" tables will be very slim afterwards. Latest at 10:30 it's so crowded that you will be very challenged to get good pictures.

If you want to have a good choice at the tables of Jérôme Latreille, Jérôme Lamic, Atelier Graveline, Jéròme Bellon, Romain Alvarez etc.. you need to be there in the first half of an hour. It's tough business wasting your money on high-end knives:cool:🤣

Still one of my favorite knives I've seen at Blade Forums! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:🤓

Here is my only Le Thiers pattern:

- GT
Ooh, how do you like that one from Coursolle? I have lusted after many of their knives, but the simplicity of that one (compared to their stamped ones) is kind of refreshing.

Âchillepattada Âchillepattada Dear sir, May I trouble you to direct me to research resources about this knife? I'm afraid I don't speak or write French, but I know the mark " Three Theological Virtues" was associated with a brand called "Sauzedde Daigubonne?"

Âchillepattada Âchillepattada Dear sir, May I trouble you to direct me to research resources about this knife? I'm afraid I don't speak or write French, but I know the mark " Three Theological Virtues" was associated with a brand called "Sauzedde Daigubonne?"
Dear Sir, a question is always welcome, thanks to ask. Unfortunately I'm not an expert but our friend Jolipapa Jolipapa is 😁 . What I can say before his science reveals my ignoranceis that Sauzedde is a famous name between the makers of Thiers and it has been associated to many others as you can see it on this database www.marques-de-thiers.fr (just enter the name Sauzedde in the search tool. )

Here is another source where to get lost 🤣

On some french forum it's said the the BS could come from "Bourgade-Sauzedde" which succeeded to "Sauzedde-Daiguebonne"

But once again I'm sure Jolipapa will clarified the situation 😁

Â

Last edited:
Ooh, how do you like that one from Coursolle? I have lusted after many of their knives, but the simplicity of that one (compared to their stamped ones) is kind of refreshing.
I'm very happy with the Coursolle Le Thiers knife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
The Le Thiers pattern has always appealed to me, but usually the Le Thiers knives that fit my budget were very small (3" closed or smaller). But this brass Le Thiers is almost 4.75" closed (and 3.5 oz, so kind of heavy). The blade is 12C27 stainless. IMHO, it looks good and cuts well.

FWIW, I have 2 other Coursolle knives, a brass Plowman and a rosewood Pradel, that I'm also very pleased with:

- GT

I'm very happy with the Coursolle Le Thiers knife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
The Le Thiers pattern has always appealed to me, but usually the Le Thiers knives that fit my budget were very small (3" closed or smaller). But this brass Le Thiers is almost 4.75" closed (and 3.5 oz, so kind of heavy). The blade is 12C27 stainless. IMHO, it looks good and cuts well.

FWIW, I have 2 other Coursolle knives, a brass Plowman and a rosewood Pradel, that I'm also very pleased with:

- GT
I "may" be ( O.K. ... O.K. ... I probably am) wrong and/or mistaken, but both look to be an excellent "no nonsense" alternative to the "Sodbuster"/"Sodbuster Junior" pattern. 😇👍

I especially like that brass handled beauty. 😍

Back