Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

Winchester M70FW 270 WIN and Buck Knives (113 & 303) - guess I'm showing my strong preference for Buck Knives as a hunters tool. OH
Ps edit to add photo back in (my old photo hosting site went defunct). I'm going to fix several of my old posts with the pictures reloaded.
Buck_and_Winchester_10-13-12.jpg
Winchester-M70-FW-Buck-113-303-on-10-13-12.jpg

Last edited:
Winchester Model 70 .30-06 SPRG (1961) and Gerber Sportsman II (1982). OH

M70_30-06_SPRG.JPG

IMG_13321.JPG
Yep, pre-64 Win 70 in '06 and an early Gerber. The Royal Stewart plaid and the gabardine jacket are nice touches (I have both, of the latter).
- Stuart

Last edited:
Successful rabbit hunt, 16 gauge Winchester M12 and Buck 307. OH

The_End1.JPG
Love a 16 and the purple hulls (and beagles), and that knife is just fine for bunny work. Congrats on the hunt. I have some bunny pics, but not with guns/knives prominent. Will do better in the future.
- Stuart

Mighty nice Winchesters, Old Hunter! My old Mauser 30-06 of roughly the same vintage as yours has killed more deer than all my other rifles combined. Its a Sears J.C. Higgins Model 50.
qV9KzUJ.jpg

And this is my favorite handgun, a S&W 629 Classic.
eTf0r5z.jpg

My favorite user fixed blade for hunting is this custom by SamuraiStuart here on BFC.
qu9ZgQK.jpg

Thanks Stuart, I build a lot of those holsters. Pretty big item for us. 315 315 getting all goosebumpy, I love the 7x57. I have a Mod 70 XTR Featherweight in 7x57.

My son Logan with the wife's turquoise jigged bone handled knife in his teeth. When its not cutting a calf she carries it in a horizontal crossdraw sheath.

2BAzuJe.jpg

She's on a turquoise kick right now so we built this holster for her Colt, it has turquoise stitching too.

wtjeS9h.jpg

Cause we had to match her leggings and her boots.

csylqxG.jpg

And the bucking rolls on her saddle, and the saddle blanket and....

Thanks Stuart, I build a lot of those holsters. Pretty big item for us. 315 315 getting all goosebumpy, I love the 7x57. I have a Mod 70 XTR Featherweight in 7x57.

The 7x57 is my favorite cartridge, guess that's why I've got 3 of them:). Still have the 1895 Chilean Mauser Grandad gave me for my first rifle and 2 No 1's that both my daughters will get someday. Not much you can't do with one.

Jeff, fine old Mauser rifle you have, I think the commercial action on yours was built in Belgium. I own two Mausers, but both are MILSURP and in their original configuration, chambered 8x57mm - need a bayonet for my Czech made Mountain Troops Rifle.

Duckdog, that is an old picture now, but I have owned the LL Bean shirt over 30 years, it is threadbare but still a hunting shirt. The Johnson wool jacket is about 40 and still gets used as well. The rifle gets hunted every few years - like knives I have too many rifles.

Dogg, those Wranglers were great pants, especially when they were sewn here in NC, the Mexican models don't fit as well.

These are my "regular" hunting knives and another of my "rotating" deer rifles, a M88 in .308 WIN. OH

IMG_14025.JPG

IMG_78272.JPG

Jeff, fine old Mauser rifle you have, I think the commercial action on yours was built in Belgium. I own two Mausers, but both are MILSURP and in their original configuration, chambered 8x57mm - need a bayonet for my Czech made Mountain Troops Rifle.

Duckdog, that is an old picture now, but I have owned the LL Bean shirt over 30 years, it is threadbare but still a hunting shirt. The Johnson wool jacket is about 40 and still gets used as well. The rifle gets hunted every few years - like knives I have too many rifles.

Dogg, those Wranglers were great pants, especially when they were sewn here in NC, the Mexican models don't fit as well.

These are my "regular" hunting knives and another of my "rotating" deer rifles, a M88 in .308 WIN. OH

IMG_14025.JPG

IMG_78272.JPG
OH, I, too, have a fondness for Bucks as hunting gear. And I have some L.L. Bean red/black plaid wool heavy shirts that are 45 years old, but no Old North State-made jeans left. The .308 is a classic deer round - see Exhibit A above.
- Stuart

Back