1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Pàdruig, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Augie

Augie Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2014
    1923 A.H. Fox XE grade and an E.K. Tryon Barlow, both the Fox and the Barlow were sold by The E. K. Tryon Co. of Philadelphia.

[​IMG]

2. hamsco

hamsco Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
    Lots of very nice photos !!

My contribution is more about the pistol. My Grandfather carried this 45 in Europe during WWII.
    It was made by Remington Rand Co. Not to be confused with Remington Arms, which still make guns and pistols.
    During WWII everyone made guns. Remington Rand is the company more famous for making sewing machines, not pistols.
    They made 900,000 units of the 1911, for WWII.

The Ka-Bar was made in 1942 for WWII, but I bought this one new in the late 70s.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  3. picturerock

picturerock

Sep 28, 2014
    Case with a Seecamp .32acp.

[​IMG]

TheEdge01 likes this.
  4. Augie

Augie Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Couple PA flea market finds, LC Smith Quality 2, 1880's and a well used Miller Bros. large coke bottle.

[​IMG]

5. JOELSM

JOELSM

Aug 30, 2007
    An absolute treasure....

6. JOELSM

JOELSM

Aug 30, 2007
    How about a double barrel .410 palm thumper with an exquisite 77.

[​IMG][/url]pc screenshot[/IMG]

7. hamsco

hamsco Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015

Thank you. My Grandfather had many great stories to go along with the pistol, which make it very special.

8. Knurling_turtle

Knurling_turtle

Jan 31, 2016
    Loving this thread.

9. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Here's my contribution to the thread. The O/U 20 gauge is a Browning Citori Superlight from 1988. The Bird and Trout is made by Lamont Coombs in mirror polished 01 and really nice Cocobolo. I threw the Lloyd in the pic because it's always wanting to jump out of my pocket and get in the picture.
    [​IMG]

10. mutinousdoug

mutinousdoug

Sep 28, 2007
    [​IMG]

These have traveled together a bit.

11. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    This thread is getting better and better!!

12. arizonaranchman

arizonaranchman

Jan 1, 2012
    That's beautiful Gary. Awesome stag on that folder!

13. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Gary, the Browning Citori was the gun of choice at the shooting club I use to frequent. Nice outfit!!!

14. Halfneck

Halfneck

Jun 30, 2005
    First is my S&W 37-3 and a W.C. Davis lockback in ATS-34. I'd ordered green jigged bone, but at the next BLADE show when he handed it to me it was brown jigged bone. It was too nice a knife to quibble such a small detail.

Next is my Victorinox Red Alox Farmer with my pawn shop rescued Browning BL-22 with a Browning(Redfield) 4x scope. As I recall this was it's first range session and I was using the flathead on the SAK to dial the scope in.

Attached Files:

Phil in Alabama likes this.
  15. bflying

bflying Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    I don't have any works of art like so many here, but do have a couple "older" pieces that have much sentimental value.

My father got this 50th Anniversary Daisy Golden Eagle as a young teen in 1936. He managed to keep it around, and became the first "gun" that my three older brothers and I learned shooting basics on. I'm sure some of my sisters also shot it, but don't remember any stories about them using it. Unfortunately I was probably the hardest on this golden beauty, but at least I still have it to show off to my children.

And.......along side is a Western three blade Stockman that went from my dads pocket as his edc, into my pocket. The blades are a bit abused as I spent too much time on a bench stone trying to sharpen. I never really learned the basics. I just applied a generous serving youthful impatience, and a sharpening we go. [emoji51]

I also threw in a monster Hobo multifunction. I received it even earlier, for my 5th Bday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

•••••••••••••••

Sent from my mind....using Tap-a-Thought. (tm)

16. JSutter

JSutter Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Here's one I haven't posted in a while:

Model 94 in 45Colt, with a Kissing Cranes whittler.

[​IMG]

And two stag scaled GECs (#77 & #6) with a Bulldog .44Special:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  17. Ice Tigre

Ice Tigre Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 17, 2004
    Great thread!!

Here are a couple to start off with from me... I'll try for more later.

Beretta Stampede .45 Colt, and it's constant companion, a fighter by Andy Sharpe.

[​IMG]

My Moms Liberty Mustang in .22, and a Case Peanut that seems to fit with it.

[​IMG]

And my favorite pair, they have been together for a while, the gun has been in the family for about 40 years, having belonged to both my brothers and my Dad before me. Paired with the Western it was his hunting combo- Now they're my hunting combo. :)

[​IMG]

TheEdge01, afishhunter and JSutter like this.
  18. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    John Lloyd made the folder. I've been showing it off around here for a few weeks now. :D

Thanks! This one has done right by me.

That's some real treasure you have there!

19. arizonaranchman

arizonaranchman

Jan 1, 2012
    [​IMG]

20ga Browning Citori and a sheepfoot 77 Barlow in African Blackwood :)

Lift link, Peregrin and Mike C. like this.
  20. arizonaranchman

arizonaranchman

Jan 1, 2012
    Yes that old Daisy is a true classic! :thumbup: