Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

Giant Mondo Bug, that looks to be "Yatagan" style French bayonet up in #677, ironically probably made in Germany. John

My new to me 1972 Super Bearcat...
The Bearcat and Schrade go well together I think:)
370373-A9-2403-4372-93-D6-34220-CCDCD0-F.jpg

My new to me 1972 Super Bearcat...
The Bearcat and Schrade go well together I think:)
370373-A9-2403-4372-93-D6-34220-CCDCD0-F.jpg

Smith and Wesson Model #17 22 LR
Grinling Whittler #38 Che Chen Rosewood.
Wonderful wheel guns gents!!! Bearcats are just so cool :cool: and that Smith looks to be the Target model... very nice! Excellent choice in cutlery too!!! Thank you both for sharing the pics. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I love the Bearcat. It’s my go to ranch carry. I’ve killed a pile of rattle snakes with mine. Love that little gun

I’ve got a couple of Single Six Rugers, one made in 1969, the other I bought from our town cop when I was 18. (I don’t think that was supposed to happen). I wouldn’t even know how many thousands of rounds I’ve put through that one but I do remember shooting an entire brick in one day once. Haven’t shot the Bearcat yet but I’ll change that this weekend:D

Ramrodmb Ramrodmb Thanks Mark. Bought it back in the 80's. The shop owners (seller) story was; it was owned for a short time by a police officer in a small town, who sold it to a lawyer. The lawyer kept it in his desk for many years until trading it for a trap gun. Not as interesting a story as others but I was thrilled to find a low serial number even back then. It had been carried and cared for but rarely fired. Needless to say I picked it up right quick. Have a good day my friend, I get to snowblow today. :(;)

Nice Bearcat and Schrade combo.

PdFRfNr.jpg

Good looking bearcat and case you have pistonsandgears pistonsandgears .
I knocked down corn stalks and explored woods at one time with this one... pre women and mortgages.View attachment 1057342View attachment 1057343 I crudely scratched my name on the butt, on the inside panel is 1988. I was 15

A couple of good looking Bearcats right there! willard0341 willard0341 ive got a single six that traveled through Midwest cornfields, oak filled hollows and even waded rivers back then too. Great companion a .22 revolver!!

A couple of good looking Bearcats right there! willard0341 willard0341 ive got a single six that traveled through Midwest cornfields, oak filled hollows and even waded rivers back then too. Great companion a .22 revolver!!
Good to hear man, I’m smiling at the memories. Semper fi
Let’s see that single six 315 315 . Honest wear from honest days

Back