Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

What a great Thread !
Such stunning knives, leather and guns .
Just beautiful posts in every way :thumbsup:

YAfQKlC.jpg

Fuo1OJP.jpg

A little history on this gun...

This was one of the first guns I bought myself after getting married. My best friend and I would go shooting in the mountains and he always admired this gun. I ended up selling it to him at a very low price and it became his favorite gun. Many times when I'd visit him, he'd pull out this gun and we'd reminisce about the good times we had with it. It became a running joke that I should have never sold him that gun because I liked it too and sold it to him too cheap. :D

There are a lot of great memories tied up in this gun. Well, my Best Friend passed away recently and it hit me very, very, very HARD. :(

I went to another buddy's house this weekend to take my son trap shooting and try out the new shotgun I bought him for graduation. I also invited my 'nephews'/God Children (my Best Friend's kids) to come join us. It was great spending time with my son and my 'nephews'... laughing, joking, shooting, and reminiscing. After we got back to the trucks, my nephews presented me with the Ruger and said, "Pops would want you to have this." To say I was overwhelmed is an understatement. This gun and that gesture means more to me than anyone can know. We all fired a round through it in my Friend's honor. :cool::thumbsup:

Last edited:
You know it's coming... :D
I'm having my Brother-in-Law make me a new work bench because I sold my old one years ago.
I will be setting up my shop in the garage. I hope to have most of it set up by the Fall when the weather cools off a bit. :cool::thumbsup:

Good deal. My walking foot stitcher quit me yesterday. Had just finished stitching one side of a pancake holster (and been using it all day), cut the thread started on the other side and it wouldn't feed the leather. Stitching in the same hole. Have to give em a call once they open up. those kind of things always happen on a weekend don't they. Heck went fishing.

Dave, the rough out looks great!

Thanks! kinda screws with your head which way to lay your pattern out on the leather. Ok its a lefty and its roughout so its regular smooth side up right hand pattern, I think, yeah it was.

This was one of the first guns I bought myself after getting married. My best friend and I would go shooting in the mountains and he always admired this gun. I ended up selling it to him at a very low price and it became his favorite gun. Many times when I'd visit him, he'd pull out this gun and we'd reminisce about the good times we had with it. It became a running joke that I should have never sold him that gun because I liked it too and sold it to him too cheap. :D

There are a lot of great memories tied up in this gun. Well, my Best Friend passed away recently and it hit me very, very, very HARD. :(

I went to another buddy's house this weekend to take my son trap shooting and try out the new shotgun I bought him for graduation. I also invited my 'nephews'/God Children (my Best Friend's kids) to come join us. It was great spending time with my son and my 'nephews'... laughing, joking, shooting, and reminiscing. After we got back to the trucks, my nephews presented me with the Ruger and said, "Pops would want you to have this." To say I was overwhelmed is an understatement. This gun and that gesture means more to me than anyone can know. We all fired a round through it in my Friend's honor. :cool::thumbsup:

What a great deal, good story!

Don’t know if I’ve posted this picture before. But I post this Colt a lot but man I love this gun first 44 special I’ve had. Very nice to shoot hits poa with the target sights which is why I bought it. Always paired with the golden spike and that 885 which is off for some stag to match it. ABF2812A-5BCA-40DF-838D-6ECAFF812FF2.jpeg

Good deal. My walking foot stitcher quit me yesterday. Had just finished stitching one side of a pancake holster (and been using it all day), cut the thread started on the other side and it wouldn't feed the leather. Stitching in the same hole. Have to give em a call once they open up. those kind of things always happen on a weekend don't they. Heck went fishing.
Sounds like you spent your downtime wisely. :D

I sold my Adler big stitcher a long time ago. I hand sewed my last few saddles, it's time consuming but I really like the way they turned out. I will just hand stitch my small projects going forward, may even build another saddle or two to spec. Can't wait to get up and running again. :cool::thumbsup:

Great story, John.

Very touching and great story John! Sweet old Blackhawk and that Texas jack is gorgeous too :thumbsup:

Your buddy was lucky to have you for a friend, as are we. Life is just a school. We come here to learn to be better souls, learn to love one another and when we’re done, we get to graduate and move on up. I remember making a damascus knife for my cousin. Was his favorite knife, kept it on his night table so he could see it first thing when he woke and last thing he saw when he drifted off to sleep. He died 10 years ago and the knife came back to me. We show up with nothing and return with nothing. No one really owns anything at all, we just get to take care of it for awhile

Tonight, at 6pm EST I will have a bourbon in your friends honor

Back