Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

S&W Mod 10 "Victory" and E.C. Simmons Keen Kutter K50
4JXpj6N.jpg

Marlin 1894 C in .45 Colt:

Bgdhtco.jpg

XO94LJR.jpg

N6kAGbs.jpg

The wife's truck gun, Uberti 1873 in .357 mag.

Buw6iKv.jpg

mCA14Ax.jpg

ruSfntV.jpg

VYGsBpW.jpg

BW8D1T8.jpg

I don't have any guns in this country-more's the pity- as you have pass these tedious hunting exams and I'm not interested in hunting animals ;) pest-control maybe. Love those lever guns and was just thinking the other day I wish someone would show some, so thank you :cool::thumbsup: Not only do they look really impressive but I'd imagine they are a viable and reliable home defence weapon, when needed.

Extremely good pix and they really show how compact those two side-arms are:cool: Like that hammerless design, useful, but are they tricky to shoot in terms of accuracy?
The concealed hammer revolver is pretty accurate, but the sights are minimal (especially to an older guy like me!), and the trigger pull is stout. But with practice, I can get decent groups. It's not intended for long distance shooting. The Beretta also has minimal sights, but the trigger pull is much better. Also meant for close quarters. My .45 ACP 1911 is much better, but it is large, bulky, and heavy. The Beretta .25 ACP was what James Bond carried before he was equipped with a .32 ACP Walther PPK.

The revolver is .38 Special, and rated for +p ammo. I have belt, pocket, and ankle holsters for it. The smaller gun I just have a pocket holster for.

I don't have any works of art like so many here, but do have a couple "older" pieces that have much sentimental value.

My father got this 50th Anniversary Daisy Golden Eagle as a young teen in 1936. He managed to keep it around, and became the first "gun" that my three older brothers and I learned shooting basics on. I'm sure some of my sisters also shot it, but don't remember any stories about them using it. Unfortunately I was probably the hardest on this golden beauty, but at least I still have it to show off to my children.

And.......along side is a Western three blade Stockman that went from my dads pocket as his edc, into my pocket. The blades are a bit abused as I spent too much time on a bench stone trying to sharpen. I never really learned the basics. I just applied a generous serving youthful impatience, and a sharpening we go. [emoji51]

I also threw in a monster Hobo multifunction. I received it even earlier, for my 5th Bday.

2iubayd.jpg

6yf8z6.jpg

w1e2yc.jpg

•••••••••••••••

Sent from my mind....using Tap-a-Thought. (tm)

Decided to repost this from 2017 since Tinypic blew all of my pics away. Hopefully Imgur doesn't go the same direction some day.

I don't have any works of art like so many here, but do have a couple "older" pieces that have much sentimental value.

My father got this 50th Anniversary Daisy Golden Eagle BB Gun as a young teen in 1936. He managed to keep it around, and became the first "gun" that my three older brothers and I learned shooting basics on. I'm sure some of my sisters also shot it, but don't remember any stories about them using it. Unfortunately I was probably the hardest on this golden beauty, but at least I still have it to show off to my children.

And.......along side is a Western three blade Stockman that went from my dads pocket as his edc, into my pocket. The blades are a bit abused as I spent too much time on a bench stone trying to sharpen. I never really learned the basics. I just applied a generous serving youthful impatience, and a sharpening we go. [emoji51]

I also threw in a monster Hobo multifunction. I received it even earlier, for my 5th Bday.

ldSy9Ur.jpg

oXyXrMk.jpg

W745Fdy.jpg

Decided to add..... My first rimfire, a Marlin Model 60. Given to me by my Folks after passing the Hunters Safety course. Think I was 12 years old maybe? And the Browning Buckmark was my first personally purchased firearm when I was about 21 y.o. Actually bought two that day, a Beretta 92FS (my first center-fire) for fun, and the Buckmark for affordable practice.

HwayG31.jpg

And as long as I'm showing a bunch of firsts....my first revolver, a little Taurus Titanium 38 that I carried briefly many years back. And the Precise Deerslayer Classic lockback (middle of pic), first knife purchased with my own money. Earned from the tortuous "right of passage" paper route.

CkWGk2C.jpg

Last edited:
I will have to second that. Maybe some day...

Thanks!

I don't have any guns in this country-more's the pity- as you have pass these tedious hunting exams and I'm not interested in hunting animals ;) pest-control maybe. Love those lever guns and was just thinking the other day I wish someone would show some, so thank you :cool::thumbsup: Not only do they look really impressive but I'd imagine they are a viable and reliable home defence weapon, when needed.

Ya bet! Here's an example when they were chosen for a home defensive situation, pretty good read:

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1585989

Decided to repost this from 2017 since Tinypic blew all of my pics away. Hopefully Imgur doesn't go the same direction some day.

My father got this 50th Anniversary Daisy Golden Eagle BB Gun as a young teen in 1936. He managed to keep it around, and became the first "gun" that my three older brothers and I learned shooting basics on. I'm sure some of my sisters also shot it, but don't remember any stories about them using it. Unfortunately I was probably the hardest on this golden beauty, but at least I still have it to show off to my children.

ldSy9Ur.jpg

oXyXrMk.jpg

W745Fdy.jpg

Decided to add..... My first rimfire, a Marlin Model 60. Given to me by my Folks after passing the Hunters Safety course. Think I was 12 years old maybe? And the Browning Buckmark was my first personally purchased firearm when I was about 21 y.o. Actually bought two that day, a Beretta 92FS (my first center-fire) for fun, and the Buckmark for affordable practice.

HwayG31.jpg

And as long as I'm showing a bunch of firsts....my first revolver, a little Taurus Titanium 38 that I carried briefly many years back. And the Precise Deerslayer Classic lockback (middle of pic), first knife purchased with my own money. Earned from the tortuous "right of passage" paper route.

CkWGk2C.jpg
Your post is just great.... makes me nostalgic for all the things I had as a kid, but somehow lost, or broke. I never had a bb gun... I think our dad knew my older brother and me just a little too well....:oops:
They DID give us each a Mossberg 22 semi auto with removable magazine when we were around 12 or so, for Christmas..... with very strict instructions about proper time and place for use. That thing was a jam-o-matic... probably because of a bad magazine combined with the cheapest 22 ammo we could buy. Wish I still had it.

Your post is just great.... makes me nostalgic for all the things I had as a kid, but somehow lost, or broke. I never had a bb gun... I think our dad knew my older brother and me just a little too well....:oops:
They DID give us each a Mossberg 22 semi auto with removable magazine when we were around 12 or so, for Christmas..... with very strict instructions about proper time and place for use. That thing was a jam-o-matic... probably because of a bad magazine combined with the cheapest 22 ammo we could buy. Wish I still had it.

Thank you. And speaking of nostalgia, I just recently (a month or so ago) found a belt knife that was Dad's, that I "adopted" on and off when I was a teen. But have not seen in decades. It must have been mixed in with stuff brought home from my Folks place after they passed a number of years ago. My kids helped us find homes for the boxes we brought home, and this guy was stuffed into a cabinet that was full of pictures and nick knacks. I stumbled into it last month, and was blown away with a rush of memories.

It's a 5" Imperial (Prov. R.I. USA). I have no other info about it, but guessing it's probably older than I am.

As Dad's knife, I remember it being used on many fishing trips. And in my teens, took it on a few scout trips and overnighters.

Since this is the Traditional & Gun thread, it's shown here with my current EDC CCW. My back has been out for a couple weeks now, so I decided to size down on my CCW to this Micro 45. And what a sweet shooter she is.

NZ2ZE9A.jpg

Thank you. And speaking of nostalgia, I just recently (a month or so ago) found a belt knife that was Dad's, that I "adopted" on and off when I was a teen. But have not seen in decades. It must have been mixed in with stuff brought home from my Folks place after they passed a number of years ago. My kids helped us find homes for the boxes we brought home, and this guy was stuffed into a cabinet that was full of pictures and nick knacks. I stumbled into it last month, and was blown away with a rush of memories.

It's a 5" Imperial (Prov. R.I. USA). I have no other info about it, but guessing it's probably older than I am.

As Dad's knife, I remember it being used on many fishing trips. And in my teens, took it on a few scout trips and overnighters.

Since this is the Traditional & Gun thread, it's shown here with my current EDC CCW. My back has been out for a couple weeks now, so I decided to size down on my CCW to this Micro 45. And what a sweet shooter she is.

NZ2ZE9A.jpg

Is the Imperial Carbon or stainless?

Back