Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

Is the Imperial Carbon or stainless?
I'm not positive. There are plenty of stains and pits on it, though not covered. But appears to have been originally polished, so might guess stainless. The only mark on it is shown here.

Y0uY6H2.jpg

View attachment 1319089 I installed the Novak big dot on my snubby yesterday... it is there but I mared the finish on my firearmView attachment 1319088. Half octagon 73 in 3840, pistol is 3840 with some pretty good looking mop

Your .38-40’s are exquisite!! I love lever and wheel guns. My oldest isn’t quite as old as yours, a 1948 Marlin .30-30 and a 1952 Winchester 71 in .348 Win.

image.jpg image.jpg Yes they are real, there is a chip on the starboard panel near the trigger. Thank you both for the kind words. These are some of my fathers collection, he would shoot 15 or 20 rounds and reload them in the evening. Pistol left colt in 1928, Winchester in 1900
Your .38-40’s are exquisite!! I love lever and wheel guns. My oldest isn’t quite as old as yours, a 1948 Marlin .30-30 and a 1952 Winchester 71 in .348 Win.
These firearms deserve a bump. Is that real MOP on the revolver?

I'm not positive. There are plenty of stains and pits on it, though not covered. But appears to have been originally polished, so might guess stainless. The only mark on it is shown here.

Y0uY6H2.jpg
I would guess nickel-plated carbon.

Lingering lever action love, posted for Will Power Will Power . From top, Marlin model 336 (.35 Rem, 1972); Savage model 99E (.308 Win, 1964); Winchester model 94 (.30-30 Win, 1959). Yes, the red dot mars the classic profile of the Marlin, but it makes lethal shots on hastily hustling hogs much easier for my eyes.

gY6jXBu.jpg

cYYiMuk.jpg

The bowie is an Ed Love custom; the folder by some maker too artistic to leave a name, just an undecipherable stamp (thus an unknown artist). Apologies for the poor photo - it was much brighter outside than I expected.
- Stuart

Last edited:
Lingering lever action love, posted for Will Power Will Power . From top, Marlin model 336 (.35 Rem, 1972); Savage model 99E (.308 Win, 1964); Winchester model 94 (.30-30 Win, 1959). Yes, the red dot mars the classic profile of the Marlin, but it makes lethal shots on hastily hustling hogs much easier for my eyes.

gY6jXBu.jpg

cYYiMuk.jpg

The bowie is an Ed Love custom; the folder by some maker too artistic to leave a name, just an undecipherable stamp (thus an unknown artist). Apologies for the poor photo - it was much brighter outside than I expected.
- Stuart

Will Power ain't the the only one that loves the levers!

I keep telling makers that ask me that makers mark has to be Googable!

Back