traditional knives in movies

Every Easter the cross on the top of Mt. Davidson is illuminated. You might ask, what does that have to do with traditional knives in movies? If you remember the scene from “Dirty Harry” when Harry is being run around the city and he ends up at the base of the cross and during a struggle with the serial killer he stabbed him in the leg with his auto stiletto. Great scene and a great movie. :)
Oh yeah, that bright light at the top of the pic is the cross. Taken from my small front porch.View attachment 1540104

Last edited:
Every Easter the cross on the top of Mt. Davidson is illuminated. You might ask, what does that have to do with traditional knives in movies? If you remember the scene from “Dirty Harry” when Harry is being run around the city and he ends up at the base of the cross and during a struggle with the serial killer he stabbed him in the leg with his auto stiletto. Great scene and a great movie. :)
Oh yeah, that bright light at the top of the pic is the cross. Taken from my small front porch.View attachment 1540104
Oh, San Francisco! I thought you were a science fiction fan. :D

Happy Easter!

Can’t believe I found the move clip from the scene. :eek:

I’m 100% certain that nobody else here has even heard of, much less seen this movie, but in the 1982 kung fu movie ‘Dragon Blood’ (AKA, John Liu in Mexico), a little over five minutes into the movie, John Liu pulls out a Spanish Navaja folder to cut into a cactus to drink some water.

Some useless trivia:
The movie was filmed in Tenerife, Canary Islands, which doubled for Mexico. John Liu, a kung fu movie star known for his kicks, had made some decent-to-good movies in Taiwan in the ‘70s, but when he started filming his own self-directed movies in Europe (France and Spain; the Canary Islands are also considered part of Spain) in the early ‘80s, his career went down the drain. BTW, the movie is atrocious, one of the worst I’ve ever seen, although the main final fight in the desert was decent.

Jim

Last edited:
Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark
i9pIlRkV_o.jpg

I figured it might have been.
But then I figured it was good enough to see again.
It's always nice to see a knife used in a non-threatening manner on TV.
I agree. I always liked the way he uses the knife to show the green and white stripes, in a casual, matter-of-fact way. I do wonder about his obsession with stinky soap. He rides past the ladies, until one just mentions the stuff, then he hits the brakes. 😁😂🤣

Back