Traditional treasure hunt picture game

Well Charlie , difficult to do a 'selfie' with knife perched on top, camera squinting down:eek:

Er, it's more like a Salamander :D

Now, how about that Norfolk on a map of Norfolk (ENGLAND)? Get your atlases out :cool:

Now, how about that Norfolk on a map of Norfolk (ENGLAND)? Get your atlases out :cool:
OK, long story. My wife asked me what I was doing, leafing through a World Atlas, looking for a map that showed Norfolk. I made the mistake of telling her and it was off to the races. She took this as a personal challenge and her accumulation of books on English literature led her to the Norton Anthology and a literary map on the end page of this 50 year old book.
That's the best I can do. Time for a cup of coffee.
iOpQtoK.jpg

OK, long story. My wife asked me what I was doing, leafing through a World Atlas, looking for a map that showed Norfolk. I made the mistake of telling her and it was off to the races. She took this as a personal challenge and her accumulation of books on English literature led her to the Norton Anthology and a literary map on the end page of this 50 year old book.
That's the best I can do. Time for a cup of coffee.
iOpQtoK.jpg
Will Power Will Power
What say you, Will? Does this one meet your request? If so I'll post up a new one sometime today. We're out of here shortly to do some holiday visiting.

It's top stuff Gary!:thumbsup:
Your map also shows the location of the three universities I studied in in Britain:cool:

Norfolk is a very nice county, bounded by sea and has/had some beautiful little villages, your map shows Walsingham, one of England's few RC shrines. King's Lynn is another spot well worth visiting.

You know what? That Ebony Norfolk is a shrine too for the knife pious :D

Talking of atlases, I got hold of a year 2000 edn. of the Times Atlas for just a few Euro plus not too much postage a few months ago. What a bargain! Nobody wants print atlases apparently but I like them including old fashioned school ones. I used to have one from 1912 for school kids, the map of Europe was a lot different then....;) Germany huge, a thing called Austria-Hungary and Finland as a Duchy of the Tsarist Empire. Yet Finland had its own central bank, currency, parliament, laws, votes for women, pensions and taxation system, nor did Finns have to serve in the Imperial Army unless they wished to. Times have changed, obviously ;) but we don't have our own money or real bank anymore, nor autonomous laws but that's the EU for you...

Alright Gary, GAME ON!!!!!:thumbsup:

It's top stuff Gary!:thumbsup:
Your map also shows the location of the three universities I studied in in Britain:cool:

Norfolk is a very nice county, bounded by sea and has/had some beautiful little villages, your map shows Walsingham, one of England's few RC shrines. King's Lynn is another spot well worth visiting.

You know what? That Ebony Norfolk is a shrine too for the knife pious :D

Talking of atlases, I got hold of a year 2000 edn. of the Times Atlas for just a few Euro plus not too much postage a few months ago. What a bargain! Nobody wants print atlases apparently but I like them including old fashioned school ones. I used to have one from 1912 for school kids, the map of Europe was a lot different then....;) Germany huge, a thing called Austria-Hungary and Finland as a Duchy of the Tsarist Empire. Yet Finland had its own central bank, currency, parliament, laws, votes for women, pensions and taxation system, nor did Finns have to serve in the Imperial Army unless they wished to. Times have changed, obviously ;) but we don't have our own money or real bank anymore, nor autonomous laws but that's the EU for you...

Alright Gary, GAME ON!!!!!:thumbsup:
Great stuff, Will!

Sorry for the delay. I was out watching Syracuse squeak out a win over Georgetown! Woot!

OK, here we go. Back in the day most hotels and restaurants would provide boxes of matches for their customers or guests. Post a box of hotel or restaurant matches along with a traditional knife you would feel comfortable using at a nice restaurant. No bowies!
Something like this.
ifwy8pJ.jpg

Thanks Mike!
When I get the approval, I'll make a request!!

Great pics of great knives guys :) Let's get this moving again :thumbsup:

OK, I'll jump in! How about a Pruner, with some freshly pruned/harvested Veggies!!
At this time of year probably cabbage, or brussel sprouts - but anything fresh cut and edible!!!
All in the same picture please!!

OK, I'll jump in! How about a Pruner, with some freshly pruned/harvested Veggies!!
At this time of year probably cabbage, or brussel sprouts - but anything fresh cut and edible!!!
All in the same picture please!!
I wish I had a pruner for this. Alas, whilst I have some kale in the garden, I have no pruners.

It's been dark outside several hours here! :rolleyes:

Back