Trail Master Is In The House

jazub

Gold Member
BAM! -Lynn Thompson Claus Was Here :thumbup::D:thumbup:

i've kept a Cold Steel catalog beside the most manly place in the house (the throne) for months, and pictures of the Trail Master have been the objects of much longing on most visits. when Christmas came, i had cash in my hands for about 2 minutes before the Trail Master was on order. today, finally, it has arrived. what a beast; this thing is awesome. it arrived like a 17oz razor. truly a fun knife to handle.

i know this knife has been around a long time and also that there are some CS haters out there. anybody who is bored by this knife or doesn't support Taiwan's independence ;) can feel free to look elsewhere. for the rest, here are some pictures of this sweet ass knife:

for size comparison, with Busse Basic 11:

the Christmas tree shivered and wept needles when this bad boy came into the house. it knows what's going to happen in the alley next week:

-an incidental side note: the good boy in the red hat pictured in the Christmas tree, Norm Peterson, is getting "cut" today. i hope you enjoyed the riches that were your jewels while you had them, Norm. i salute you.

Last edited:
Enjoy it! I've had a few them. They're an awesome feeling knife and excellent chopper as well. Just remember to wear gloves when you do any heavy chopping. The soft kraton handle gives and excellent grip but will wear a blister on ya! Take care.

thanks, gents.
unfortunately, the city of Chicago is not so well known for its forests so i can't rush out into the woods at the moment. however, this bad boy will go to work out back when i take the tree out on the 2nd. thanks for the gloves tip, too.
in the meantime, this thing just feels great to handle. it will be on bbq duty until it gets to chop. slicing smoking meats from the Weber will have to do in the short term :thumbup:

Congrats on the buy!!! I love mine and yup it works at slicing meat, veggies and splits wood with no prob!

I am trying not to buy anymore fixed blades....you Sir are not helping.
Congrats on the knife and enjoy.
TC

Wait!! You're not gonna turn the Trail Master into the Jewel Master are you? Save Norm!

Seriously if The Swamp doesn't release a big Chopper soon I'm gonna have to look into that knife.

If you can do a Chop off between the B11 and CS TM that would be awesome. Also how do the handles compare to Res-C?
Thanks!

Wait!! You're not gonna turn the Trail Master into the Jewel Master are you? Save Norm!

Seriously if The Swamp doesn't release a big Chopper soon I'm gonna have to look into that knife.

If you can do a Chop off between the B11 and CS TM that would be awesome. Also how do the handles compare to Res-C?
Thanks!

haha. poor, poor Norm.
yeah, my waiting for a bowie was over. hopefully the Rat Solution will be a chopper; in the meantime, the Trail Master is great. apart from being textured, the kraton has a slightly more rubbery feel than the res-c, although the two don't strike me as hugely different.
i will try to scare up some wood for a chop off and find an abandoned lot to test these two. waiting for spring camping isn't going to cut it.

if anybody else has Trail Master pics to share, please do. i ran out of youtube videos of this thing to watch :D

Nice blade! Here's mine:

TM1.jpg

Sorry I don't have any action pics. It is an old Carbon V with desert iron wood handles I put on.

Nice blade! Here's mine:

TM1.jpg

Sorry I don't have any action pics. It is an old Carbon V with desert iron wood handles I put on.

killer coffin handle :thumbup:
i like mine as it is but down the road i'd like to get a black micarta coffin handle. anybody know who does this?

There's a guy on coldsteels forums called 'picksmith' - i think - who put an awesome black micarta handle on a Laredo bowie and i'm sure he could/would do a Trailmaster.

Back