Trent's Veri-Veri-Veri Special Wonda-Giveaway

A few more Imperials

Imperials_C.jpg

Old and new. The little cigar is a Hammer Brand.

I chose a Jackmaster as my favorite Imperial as well. The tang stamp indicates it was made between 1946 and 1956. I love it mainly because of the nice patina. Chickenplucker
IMG_0767.jpg

followtherules...followtherules...follow...

Oh! Well... a number between 1 and 1,000 would by 2-999 inclusive (meeep! Todd, you broke the rules! :D). I choose 781. This number was especially generated for me by my WWII vintage enigma machine.

Now, the tough part. A favorite Imperial? I do have more than a few you know. I like the older ones like the Sportsman, but even older is the little Outers pattern.

2n9xpnk.jpg

And all of the Jackmasters, Midgets, Tu-tones.... OK, it has been a while since I showed my Imperial Electric knife, Miss Pinky Peel King.

rvx5ch.jpg

She has some very interesting... attachments. :p

OK now, honestly, how many of you have a NIB Peel King in pink? Rare, ain't it? None have been shown in collector books that I am aware of, so they may be a later construct made from a import copy. Or... it could be a prototype? It didn't come with a certificate, just a warranty.

CODGER :D

This is a neat contest. I recon I will give it a spin.. I am glad I stumbled onto this thread. I feel I am already a winner just by being able to view all the cool Imperial eye candy y'all have submitted here.

Here are a few of my favorites:

A recent find on the secondary market, an easy open Jack with tipped bolsters and half stops in celluloid.

ImperialEOJack-1.jpg

A good friend donated this vintage fixed blade to my collection a while back.

000_1827.jpg

000_1828.jpg

000_1829.jpg

The first advertising Imperial (letter opener / slipjoint) knife I ever received.

000_1148.jpg

I will choose # 667

Thanks,

Anthony

...what about some brightly colored Imperials or one shaped like my mother in law?
P.S. Codger..Is that pink thingy thing the model with the front head light for night use....? Hoo Roo

Attachments

• P7260003_02.jpg
    P7260003_02.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 6
...P.S. Codger..Is that pink thingy thing the model with the front head light for night use....? Hoo Roo

It isn't a headlight. It is a bumper. Notice the resemblance between the Peel Kingdesign and 1950's-1960's bumper cars? It is 120VAC afterall.

I am still looking for examples of other Imperial electric appliances such as the early can openers.

ahah!...I think your choice of 'she' as the gender of this appliance just about says it all really.....most of my knives are he-men.. as in "he's a beauty isn't he".....Hoo Roo
P.S. keep on bumpin'...

and a couple more older models.....

Attachments

• P7260004_01.jpg
    P7260004_01.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 6
  • P7260001_04.jpg
    P7260001_04.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
There I was, minding my own business looking to find some old 1950's-1960's Sears Roebuck catalogs to fill out my research on the Sears knives from that period when I ran across this and tossed in a bid. Now I have to find a set of twelve mint Kamp Kings to fill the card.

20zr4mg.jpg

Now I am feeling lazy today, so I am going to challenge you fine fellows to put your research skills into action. What years was this style of standee counter display card produced by Imperial and used by Imperial dealers? Did it hold the JM-716 with simulated pearl handles, JM-717 with assorted celluloid handles, JM-411 or N-615 simulated stag handles, N-415?

Check the logos. Any clues there? Find out when the pattern name first appeared. And pay attention to the slogans used.

And then eleven of you send me a mint specimen to fill out the card!

Michael

IKCO 1974?..at least thats when my early plastic clam pak was made. Isn't a specimen an Italian Astronaut?....

Earlier than 1954. The two sheets shown above with the same display as mine are from... well... let's look at the trademarks on it.

The trademark KAMP KING (Serial Number 71433919) was applied for on July 13, 1940, registered on December 24, 1940, first use in commerce 1935-02-00.

The trademark JACK-MASTER (Serial Number 71411532) was applid for on October 12, 1938, registered on August 22, 1939, first use in commerce 1938-08-30.

The trademark HAMMER BRAND (Serial Number 71384896) was applied for on October 28, 1936, registered on March 23, 1937, first use in commerce 1882-05-00 (refers to the former owner of the mark, NYKC).

Of the three dates noted for each, the first use in commerce is the most important here, excepting on the renewal of HAMMER BRAND, where the application date is more important.

February, 1935
October, 1938
October 1936.

So 1938 is the earliest likely date the display was made. This conforms with the estimated dating of the Imperial catalog in which it appears.

Further, note the text on the display and catalog image
"The strong, Solid, Patented construction of the new Jackmaster Kamp-King..."

This seems to refer to the 1936 Stiehl patent for the Jackmaster construction:

2eygb44.jpg

or possibly Felix Mirando's improvement in 1939:
2z89r35.jpg

Last edited:
I think part #40 needs to be THICKER!! :eek:

LOL
here is MY Imperial "safe queen"
2383118455_992787f021_b.jpg

I think they go for like 10 bucks on EBAY:(
It's actually pretty solid and I like the carbon steel blade :thumbup:

Anyone got a "proper" Imperial bail lying around?

Somehow I picture Codger with a climatically controlled display case on a pneumatic jack for his Peel King
forge.gif

Sunny d- That fixed blade is cool!!! I dont see too many of thoes floating around. very cool! - Joel

Sunny d- That fixed blade is cool!!! I dont see too many of thoes floating around. very cool! - Joel

Thanks Joel,

I received it in the mail as a gift from one of the bf.com members here(RescueRiley) who saw a thread I started in traditional and realized I collected a diverse array of vintage fixed blades. I had never owned one like this before and as you say they are quite scarce and I was very happy to have received it. We have become fast friends in the process for which I am very thankful.

Anthony

I have posted this before,but here it is again. My favorite Imperial.

PICT0022.jpg

PICT0013.jpg

My Father bought it for his Father in 1958 on his class trip to New York City.
Grandpa put it away and never used it. After Grandpa passed long ago it became mine and I did the same.

It is a low cost souvenier boys jack, only to me its priceless.

Oh and I'll take number 1

I love seeing these old Imperial souvenir knives, I have been collecting them for a couple years now and have 34 of them. I would love to hear the stories behind them. Sorry no pics.

3a3a_1.JPG

I just found this one floating in the bay a few days ago. It's a Providence Cut Co. and I haven't held it yet. Not familiar, anyone know about them? I've seen them, and they seem to be similar in quality to Imperial.

I have really enjoyed the pics and stories :thumbup:

I'll do the random generator thing tonight

Who gets the Granny Butcher knife!!!???? :eek:
We shall see tonight.....

Back