True Detective knife?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody see this week's episode of True Detective?

Rust Cohle uses a knife to cut up beer cans. Looked like a framelock to me, but I couldn't identify it. Anybody spot what knife it was?

Was actually wondering the same thing myself. Never could get a good look at it.
Did appear to have a thumb disk resting on top of the blade, kinda like an Emerson.
Great show by the way.

You do get a better view of it towards the end of the episode. It did seems to be on the "thick" side. I didn't spot a thumb disk (didn't think it was Emerson). It clearly had thumb studs. ... Definetely not Spyderco (as is the case with a few other shows, ie: True Blood, Dexter). Although I could not positively identify it, my gut told me that it was along the ZT or SOG lines. Beefier, but only +/- 3 in. blade. .... but I could be way-off on this one.

p.s.: welcome me to the forums. I joined just for this particular thread!!

And while we're at it, what was the knife Jim Carrey cut his face with in the Burt Wonderstone movie?

Was trying to identify it myself...definitely had thumb discs but wasn't easily identifiable. Was tip-down carry, too.

I tried to look closely, but couldn't quite catch it either. Looks like it's going to be a great show! Woody is the man!

But he's out of his league next to McConaughey, imo. Woody is doing a good, workman-like job, but McConaughey is just killing it. Maybe it's just that McConaughey's character is so much more interesting, though.
I tried to look closely, but couldn't quite catch it either. Looks like it's going to be a great show! Woody is the man!

Love the show but couldn't tell what knife it was. I don't think it was speed assisted though.

Naw, I still couldn't tell what it was. Did see a thumb disk, also looked partially serrated.

This must just be a Chinese piece or something. We got a good view in episode 4, and I paused and watched in slo-mo, and I have no clue. If it were a real blade, someone here would be able to identify it. Unless it's a custom.

photo.php

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back