True Detective knife?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Mathew was cutting up the beer cans in earlier episodes it looked like the knife had wood inlays.

Here are some more shots of it.

IuTnRHx.jpg

Ev2Zkut.jpg

The blade looks like an Emerson to me, but the handle and clip don't. It's possible it's an older model I haven't seen. Looks like he's using the same knife in the '95 scenes. There's a good shot of it on his belt in the latest episode.

Most recent episode he has it clipped to outside of his pocket and its a lockback with bolsters like the Kershaw lockbacks with plastic inlays.

Yeah based on the last episode the hilt looks like a kershaw corral creek. But the blade is serrated in the show and I can't seem to find a corral creek with a serrated blade

Though it looks like the 95 one is serrated while the 2012 scenes isn't serrated? Or are they both serrated

But he's out of his league next to McConaughey, imo. Woody is doing a good, workman-like job, but McConaughey is just killing it. Maybe it's just that McConaughey's character is so much more interesting, though.

If that's the way you feel about Woody's performance then I'd say he's playing the role to perfection. Woody's character is supposed to by the steady, everyman detective to McConaughey's frazzled, on the ragged edge detective.

Hilarious that throughout the whole show I wondered what sort of knife he would use, and that if I was him I'd be using my trusted zippo and kershaw skyline. Then he goes and pulls out his zippo, and at a later stage what looks like a Kershaw flipper...

Possible it could just be a cheap knockoff of an Emerson for a prop? I remember we used to sell a bunch of maxims and things of the like with thumb disk at our truck stop when I was young. Around the same time I got my first Emerson. Like 99-00 ish...

I confess I do have several copies of a few models that I like.

On a note related to the show, in the latest episode he clearly has one of those M-Tech "rescue" knives clipped to his belt in full, clear view. I know that knife because I *coughusedtohaveonecough*

What if he bought a bunch of them? Knifenuts are crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back