Try this.

Ankerson

Knife and Computer Geek
For those with swords try this. :D

Free hanging paper cut 3 times, first cut it in half then take the corners off.:D

attachment.php

Attachments

• dsc00279.jpg
    dsc00279.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 648
Originally posted by ferguson
You hold it and I'll cut it.;)

Steve

Rigggghhhhhtttttt...:D

It's not as easy as it sounds, it takes perfect form.;)

I have an exacto "sword" I'd be willing to donate for Bruise to try out...

:p

Originally posted by pendentive
I have an exacto "sword" I'd be willing to donate for Bruise to try out...

:p

No cheating.:D

I used my Katana to cut it.:)

Originally posted by munk
The paper looks thick. Would this work with typing paper?

munk

Yes it will. :D

I used 22 weight computer paper because that is what I have the most of. :D

Remember no tearing means you did it right, it takes a perfect cut to do it.

Gotta question, I am using 400 grit paper to maintain the convex edge on my HI Katana. I cannot get it scary sharp.

Are you going upwards to 600 and 1200 grit?

I still need to build a stinking strop...:eek:

Originally posted by SamuraiDave
Gotta question, I am using 400 grit paper to maintain the convex edge on my HI Katana. I cannot get it scary sharp.

Are you going upwards to 600 and 1200 grit?

I still need to build a stinking strop...:eek:

Cutting has more to do with proper form than how sharp the Katana is. My Chen Katanas are not Scary sharp.

The sharper the edge is the finer the edge becomes and with a true convex edge you don't want it that sharp.

I am not sure about the HI Katana, I think I would get a Strop.

SamuraiDave,

My Paul Chen Folded Steel Katanas are true Japanise Katanas so I would have to send them off to be Polished (Sharpened).

With the HI Katana a strop would do fine.

Beautifull.

I've asked these impossible questions before- like the beginner who typcially asks the forum what the best HI khuk is- but with swordsmen of equal skill, what would happen when a HI Tarwar met a Japanese Katana? The Katana is faster, but the Tarwar could break it in two.

munk

Originally posted by munk
Beautifull.

I've asked these impossible questions before- like the beginner who typcially asks the forum what the best HI khuk is- but with swordsmen of equal skill, what would happen when a HI Tarwar met a Japanese Katana? The Katana is faster, but the Tarwar could break it in two.

munk

Having a Tarwar and Japanese Katanas I am not sure if the Tarwar would break a well made Folded steel Katana. Real Katanas are very strong, unlike some of the cheap ones you hear about. Break a cheap Katana? Yes no problem.;)

I have read test reports of people cutting Concrete blocks in half with well made folded steel Katanas with no damage.:)

with swordsmen of equal skill, what would happen when a HI Tarwar met a Japanese Katana?

The swordsmen with the Tarwar would lose because he would be handicapped too much by the weight (Slower) of the Tarwar. Also most Katanas are alot longer than the Tarwars.

interesting- but a different opinion was offered by other person (s?) during those amazing christmas Tarwar sales.

just curious,
munk

Yeah, I remember those, we were all trying to help Bill sell them. :)

Really, the Tarwar is a good sword, but the Handle needs to be about 2" longer and the blade could be thinned some to make it alittle lighter.;) You loose alot of speed due to the weight and the handle is too short for good 2 handed hand position.

Back