Recommendation? Trying to figure out what knives to get my groomsmen.

i like the benchmade proper idea. unless they are all also knife people, a VERY non-threatening slipjoint in a modern steel will be your best bet. i demoed one of these for a week and will be adding one to my rotation soon.

There are plenty of knives we call "non-threatening" among ourselves, but to the rest of the world, even a Delica 4 or a mini grip can look threatening. and don't forget how our taste in knives are influenced by each other and change over time. when i first got into knives Spydercos were the ugliest knives out there, every one of them. now they are my favorite production maker, and the current favorite in my line up is probably the slysz bowie, which was also an "acquired taste"
Love spyderco, there will be at least one in the bunch

Spyderco Chaparral CF is always the first to mind. However, if you insist on USA made, the Native5 LW is excellent for all of those people.

There is of course the Mini Grip, but I'd definitely check out the new 525 Bugout... Super light, classy, and utility.

I'd get everyone a Chaparral, but that's just me.
What brand is the 525?

You could have nice friction folders made by some BF makers and stay within the $150; probably some nice pocket fixed blades as well. If I was willing to put out that much coin, I would give customs a hard look.
I thought about doing that, getting some micarta friction folders from Michael Morris, really love those designs, don't know if he could get them done in time though

My Buck 341, Small Vantage, with the Diamondwood handle is a mighty nice knife. Locking blade. Small enough, big enough, reversible/removeable clip. Classy looking. Respected mfgr. Made in USA. Everyone who touches mine comments positively. Under budget,too.
I'll look into it thanks

I have now, very nice.

Perhaps everyone gets a Buck Auto and your Best Man gets the Spydie? No, wait. Everyone gets the Buck Autos, and YOU get yourself a Spydie. It's like Christmas, I always end up buying myself a toy while shopping for others. ;)

See if Eric@DLT will suggest something. They do lots of engraving and can supply most of the recommendations I've seen so far in this thread.

Last edited:
BladeHQ has Kershaw Skylines in stock with brass or copper scales. Would make a decent gent's knife or edc and should be easy enough to get engraved.

When I made the mistake of getting married I gave my groomsmen Leatherman multi tools.

Businessman: Buck 110
Doctor: Case Doctors knife
Construction: Milwakee fastback razor knife paired with a hawkbill fastback
Gunsmith: A nice multitool
Student: Ontario D2 carbon fiber

But I agree, if your budget is $150 each, get them all 110 autos, I know I would be completely stoked to get a 110 auto as a groosman.

Back