Recommendation? Trying to figure out what knives to get my groomsmen.

Classy and classic American brand design, small and non-threatening but still a useful size and design, fits well in nearly every circumstance, every profession, User friendly and not over done (since non-knife-knuts won't typically appreciate a fancy steel or newer design as much), and for $8 more you can have their initials engraved to give them a personal touch.
https://www.knifeworks.com/case-53228-lockback-worked-bolster-autumn-bone.html?

I got my groomsmen knives too. I was gonna buy Becker bk14s and then make custom wood scales. But then I ran out of time so just bought them esee izula II's.

I figured for the knife guys it could piggyback off a larger outdoors knife and for the non knife guys it could stand alone for hiking, fishing, etc. I told them the only thing more dependable than a good friend is a solid fixed blade :).

Either way make sure you include a penny for them to give you as well... I am superstitious. Congrats.

I think some GEC #72 Cody Scouts would be awesome. American made, traditional, and locking.
Honestly though I'd do 2 each with that budget you could do Delicas or Mini-Grips and a SAK or small Case traditional then if they aren't about the modern blade they'll still likely use the traditional.

Don't really have a suggestion as to which knife, but a knife is a great gift. My older brother gave me an Old Timer stockman for being an usher in his wedding years ago. It was my EDC long before the term was ever coined. I made sure I had it with me at their 40th wedding anniversary party. He couldn't believe I still had it.

We do a lot of groomsmen gifts locally and online. The number 1 knife chosen when people get the chance to come through the store and look at all the possibilities is the Kershaw Link. I highly recommend it for multiple reasons. It is a great knife for the price (under $50), there are scale color options, and it engraves beautifully. If I can help you at all shoot me an email to scott@usamadeblade.com we are happy to engrave and do it for free.

Whatever you do, do not get them an Mtech with tanto blade, serrations, and a belt cutter. I was just in my best friend's wedding last weekend.

I understand the notion came with good intentions, but it's painfully awkward acting impressed when you know that Mtech is basically the worst :oops:

I second a BM Mini Grip in one color or GEC Scouts with the bottle poppers.

...Congrats btw

As much as I love the brand, for people who are not into knives, I would stay away from Spyderco folders because they look weird to such people. I agree some traditionals (except the boat anchor Buck 110 which is also too long) or Benchmade griptilians are good choices.

Do any of them carry knives now??? Are they knife knuts, do they care what style, brand, steel they use?????
If not, the choices are wide as to what to get them. Do they like flippers or assisted open knives?????
The ZT450 which is a smaller knife within your budget might be a good choice for some of them.
The doctor and business man, maybe not so much on a flipper, but since it's a smaller knife, they may be tickled with it if they don't own one.
If you go traditional with those two, would they prefer a non locking or locking knife?

For my groomsmen I ended up getting Kershaw Ken Onion Leeks and then had each persons name engraved on them. Everyone loved them and a couple of the guys still carry them daily. I think it is more about the thought you put into it. The engraving was a big hit and makes it a piece to cherish and remember.

What about the Buck 55? Smaller version of the 110, if they are knife guys, or what about a nice small pen knife, gentlemanly carry and small and useful? I have seen a few by AG Russell that look cool. Lastly the Buck 503.

Last edited:
Back