• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Twenty 3" EDC, Delta 3V

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
The 3" EDC2 was designed as a collaboration with Lorien Arnold. It is a well made, no frills, high performance, small utility knife. The steel is Crucible CPM 3V at HRC 61-62 with a fully optimized heat treat with very good edge retention and edge stability. You'll be surprised how sharp this gets and how well it holds an edge. If you have never used 3V this hard and thin, it is gonna blow your mind.

This steel with this heat treat will support a fine edge, so this was taken down to .015" before sharpening (though I'm leaving some additional meat in the tip) and it was sharpened 18 degrees per side. This is relatively acute and it cuts very well, but is durable. They're also lightly hand ground after machining to give it a shallow S grind that is slightly hollow in the center and convex at the shoulders.

It's a light weight hard working cutting tool, a tradesman's knife and small woods knife.

The handle is ergonomically designed for a standard forward, reverse, saber and pinch grips for an average to relatively large hand. Despite its compact size it fills the hand and allows extended hard work without hand fatigue. The tang is internally skeletonized. The scales are 3D sculpted CNC machined. The blade is made of 5/32"” 3V with a heat treat that has been optimized to maximize edge stability in rough use (see video). Despite being relatively thin it is very durable.

A side effect of this heat treat is a higher percentage of free chromium, so although it is not stainless, it is nearly so.

Specs:
Delta 3V, 61-62 HRC, .145” thick at ricasso
Total length 7.6
Blade length 3.3
Weight 4.9 oz
Edge angle 18 DPS
.025" BTE
Grippy 3D machined scales in micarta or G10
Black oxide treated 18-8 stainless steel fasteners
Hidden lanyard

Choice of vertical or horizontal Kydex sheath made by Dan Crotts of Dozier Knives. You can add an extra sheath for $50.

Be aware the horizontal sheath has very high retention. You can't remove the knife by pulling straight back, you have to tilt it up at the same time. See video. If you want something that's easy to get in and out of you should choose the vertical pouch sheath.

Tell me what scale option you choose and I'll build it. There are twenty knives available in this sale. The knives in the picture are not the knives you will receive. We're sharpening now. We will try to get them all out next week but we will be down for a few days at the end of the week which could cause some to be delayed until the following week, depending on how the machining center move saga unfolds this time...

aNTw4cD.jpg

K2YOVWE.jpg

jAeMtxo.jpg

Hpii15j.jpg

okhWACl.jpg

Ks0y1Y9.jpg

2pSBQoC.jpg

xXA6bTa.jpg

CxM65EB.jpg

13.jpg~original

14.jpg~original

Rather than just take my word for it I made a video:

[video=youtube;zC_-PIFw-KA]

A video illustrating the sheath options:

[video=youtube;HiG_KqF06KY]

These are all “field grade”, “as machined” and stonewashed with tool and grind marks.

$255 in canvas micarta, natural or black
$265 in OD green micarta
$265 in black, OD green, forest green G10
$275 in multi color G10
$275 in maroon micarta

We have a small quantity of multi color G10 available as supplies last in black/blue black/toxic green, black/orange and black/pink.
I'm discontinuing maroon micarta, there are limited scales remaining, once it's gone it's done.

Shipping in the USA is $12.
Includes a good kydex sheath, choose vertical or horizontal. An extra sheath is $50

These knives are unusual because they are machined. I do this in my shop on industrial CNC machine tools. A WIP thread documenting my technique can be found here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/pre-order-12-behemoth-chopper.1541591/

I take paypal, cash, check or MO.

Jo will contact you via PM or email over the next few days. Emails though BF often get lost in spam filters. If you don't hear from her by mid week please contact Jo on her PM, or send us an email at jocarothers at g mail dought com

Come by our forum in two weeks, we will try to have something a little different (assuming we don't drop the new old Mori on my toes)

Thanks for looking,
Nathan

Last edited:
Single file line, please proceed in an orderly fashion;)

~Chip

In

Edit : black/blue multicolor g10 with vertical please. Many thanks!

Last edited:
Multi-color G-10 (black/blue), Horizontal Sheath.

Last edited:
EDIT: (Again) 1 with Black and Tan G10 scales please, Vertical Sheath
and if available a set of Forest Green G10 Scales-Thanks Nathan and NinJo
Tom

Last edited:
1 please

Edit: Black micarta and vertical sheath. Thanks
Please email me at mstew1386 at gmail dot com

Last edited:
In for one, black canvas micarta, regular vertical sheath

Last edited:
1 OD green G10 w/ vertical sheath. Thanks

Last edited:
in

EDIT: for one natural micarta (unbuffed), horizontal sheath

Thanks!

Last edited:
1 in black micarta with vertical sheath please :)

Last edited:
Back