1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Two 52100 Utility Hawks for Sale. Orange G10 $299 ---Curly Mango and micarta SOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by Huntsman Knife Co., Jul 19, 2013.

1. Huntsman Knife Co.

Huntsman Knife Co.

Sep 10, 2010
    Hey guys,

I have two utility hawks from my run up for sale today. You can check out some testing I did in this thread http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1061533-New-hawk-coming-soon!/page2

First off here are the specs

Steel- 52100 with Clay coated differential HT+ cryogenic treatment by Peter's Heat treating . 58RC edge and poll. 45RC body. Even though 52100 hardens pretty deeply, most of these have faint hamons that are visible with a high
    grit finish.

Grind- Convex
    Pins + tube- stainless

OL length- 12.25
    Bit length- 4.25
    Head width 6.1
    Weight- 26.5 ounces with Micarta, 30 ounces with G10. 26.5 with wood micarta laminate
    thickness .200
    Fully Skeletonized tang.

I offer a lifetime warranty against breakage and extreme damage on these pieces. If you break it, I will get you a new one. I also offer a money back guarentee. If you are't happy with it, send it back and Ill pay the return shipping Price on these includes a kydex sheath

Please Contact me at huntermartin77 AT hotmail DOTTT com or PM me if you have any questions

The first one up for grabs is in orange G10. Handle and head were hand finished to 220grit. This one has some extra weight due to the G10 and has ridiculous chopping power-- especially considering it is only 12.25 inches in length. Comes with a kydex sheath I have not made yet.

$325 NOW $299 shipped with a sheath

Next up is a cool laminate combo hawk. This one has a stabilized curly Mango upper and a Micarta lower with micarta liners. Head is hand finished to 320 for a nice no glare satin look.

$SOLD shipped with a sheath for this one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please ignore the smudges on the blade in this pic

[​IMG]

Here is an unfinished one so you can see the tang and HT lines Fully skeletonized and deferentially hardened.

[​IMG]

sheaths

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  2. Leethal Cutlery

Leethal Cutlery

Aug 8, 2011
    Those are cool

3. Tbaggin

Tbaggin

Apr 29, 2012
    Super cool!

4. JayGoliath

JayGoliath

Mar 27, 2010
    The one with curly mango is TIGHT!

5. bobbystoney

bobbystoney

Dec 13, 2010
    Those look awesome!

6. gregorio

gregorio

Nov 9, 2007
    I doubt these will last long, nice work :thumbup:

7. Huntsman Knife Co.

Huntsman Knife Co.

Sep 10, 2010
    Thanks for the comments guys. I have to say, the Curly mango hawk is absolutely wicked in person. It looks kind of odd in photos but has an awesome look and feel to it in hand

8. gine

gine

Sep 2, 2007
    Nice work on the sheaths. The orange g-10 looks blazing and nice choice of bourbon, one of my favourites!

9. Machaira

Machaira Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2004
    Knob Creek, a pipe and an ax. What could possibly go wrong?

:D

M.

10. Buffalohump

Buffalohump

Sep 7, 2006
    I know there are a lot of big knife fans here, but my experiences with my Gransfors has shown me that a hatchet can be just as versatile, and will do as much as a big knife will do, and then some. I definitely see one of these in my future.

11. Brummie

Brummie Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2007
    I'll take the micarta & mango.

12. timos-

timos- KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 22, 2012
    Those are really killer! nice job.

13. Huntsman Knife Co.

Huntsman Knife Co.

Sep 10, 2010
    Mango hawk is sold! Thanks. Orange G10 is still available. If you like the design but would like a different handle material or finish contact me and I will finish one to your specifications.

14. spyken

spyken Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 29, 2002
    wow, I love these.

15. Moses_3

Moses_3

Feb 27, 2008
    These are awesome Hunter,good work!
    I hope you are still planning on law school... though 'full-time knife maker' does have a nice ring to it :D.
    :thumbup:

16. Huntsman Knife Co.

Huntsman Knife Co.

Sep 10, 2010
    Thanks for the kind words. I am still planning on going to law school but Im going to try being a full time maker for a little bit and see how I do!

Also price drop to $299 shipped and paypaled with a kydex sheath, lifetime warranty and a money back guarantee! Come and get it

17. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    I've begun saving for one of these (prefer micarta), will need to sell some items to get there faster, but please keep up the good work! :thumbup:

18. BOBO

BOBO

Feb 8, 2005
    Those are very well thought out. Great work Sir.

19. rctk1

rctk1

Mar 5, 2005
    Is the orange one still available? Thanks