Two For Tuesday

Mist,

What kind/size cord it that lanyard? Looks nice!

-Will

It's some four strand braided line about 3/32 thick that a friend gave me. He gave me a roll of it, so I have about eighty feet of it. Para cord fits the bull's eye fine, but won't fit my lanyard beads easily...at least I don't think it will...

Cool shot in the snow Mist. Still don't have any here yet.

Here's a two-fer on black micarta: Bushfinger and Runt

P1080325_zps4cb471a3.png~original

Thanks, yeah we got a few hours worth, but with all the rain before very little of it laid. Nice shot, I'm liking the black micarta, and the spalting on that Bushfinger looks awesome!

I tried to trade my wife my maroon Kephart for her doublemint Kephart, but she wasn't havin' it. My 1/8" tapered tang Kephart is half the weight of her 5/32" full tang blade.

se0Wgda.jpg

I tried to trade my wife my maroon Kephart for her doublemint Kephart, but she wasn't havin' it. My 1/8" tapered tang Kephart is half the weight of her 5/32" full tang blade.

se0Wgda.jpg

WOW! Love the grind on that maroon Kephart, and tapered tang too, now that's what I'm wanting! Yep, heck I think my tapered tang Recluse weighs about half what my Kephart does, and they're both 5/32.

I see you're liking that black burlap Hugh, those patinas are looking good, looks like they've been getting lots of love :)

I see you're liking that black burlap Hugh, those patinas are looking good, looks like they've been getting lots of love :)

Love the burlap. It's gotten a bit rougher which I like. Feels almost like fine grain sand, gives a little more traction than when new. I like it. And I'm quite fond of the patinas myself, thank you! They get lots of love for sure. :) :thumbup:

I
Thanks, yeah we got a few hours worth, but with all the rain before very little of it laid. Nice shot, I'm liking the black micarta, and the spalting on that Bushfinger looks awesome!

I love the spalting on this one! Really deep and nice color.

Hugh and Joe: Great Knives!

Mist: It's quite the knife. I've wanted a full height grind Kephart for a while now. My wife's comes pretty close to being full height grind, but mine's higher. It will no doubt be a nice slicer. I'm babying it for now though.

Thanks Thurin.

Scandi's.

I just sold the bottom one.

The top one is my favorite knife. A guardless kephart with some deep spalting.

10889298144_0812b91a6e_c.jpg

I did not

It does sort of have a bushie profile but I have a bushie scandi also and I like this one better. The blade is much 'meatier' on the kephart than the bushie

I want two of each. I think I have a problem! Is there a recovery program forum on here?

Two-fer of good woods knives with green pinstripe:

Kephart and Woodsman

P1080468_zps17df961a.png~original

Two for Turkey....

I'm breaking two rules with these pictures...1, it's not tuesday. 2, one isn't a fiddleback.

Our sometimes forum friend, J. Oeser made the bottom blade...A recluse by Andy on top. Both in burlap with orange and black. Two craftsmen.

11091523923_b85ae7c136_c.jpg

11091513163_fc519fed6a_c.jpg

Two sweet burlap knives Andrew & two great craftsman is right!
I will follow your two up with my Oeser Bushcraft EDC & maroon Hiking Buddy.
And Happy Turkey Day to the Fiddleback family!

Last edited:
Two for Turkey....

I'm breaking two rules with these pictures...1, it's not tuesday. 2, one isn't a fiddleback.

Our sometimes forum friend, J. Oeser made the bottom blade...A recluse by Andy on top. Both in burlap with orange and black. Two craftsmen.

11091523923_b85ae7c136_c.jpg

11091513163_fc519fed6a_c.jpg

That Recluse will be mine, oh yes she will be mine...

Damn that's a good looking Recluse, and I don't typically like orange on knives! Then again...I kinda like Recluses and that grind in particular... :)

It's a pretty sweet blade. It's my first Fiddleback with burlap scales. Just like everything Andy sells, it's perfect. It's very pointy as well. It has the sharpest tip out of my Terrasaur, Kephart, and Hunter. It will no doubt make an excellent fish and game knife.

I'm a fan of orange scales as well as scales that are not very tactical looking: doublemint, Osage orange etc. My knives with orange scales don't spook the sheeple on the trail as much. The orange tends to make people think it's a sporty hiking or outdoors knife. The same blade (even a smaller blade) painted black with OD green scales makes some people think your carrying your knife to kill people with. I also like my knives to stand out and be on the brighter side. I do quite a bit of bushwacking and hiking through thick brush. If my dangler screw comes loose and I drop my blade:eek:, hopefully those bright colors stick out when I go back to try and find it. Hopefully.

Back