Two For Tuesday

Quick pic of my newest (to me) Fiddleback - 2011 Hunter on top.

Together with its brother from anotherthe same mother - 2011 Bushpik on bottom.

Now all I need is Kal-El Kal-El 's Hiking Buddy... muahahaha ;)

24056441128_b9b38e016f_b.jpg

Very cool ! Ummmm, what's a Bushpic?

That’s exactly what I was thinking.

Per Andy:

"Accidental design. Scenario: Buffer grabs finished knife, slams it, bends tip. Knifemaker cusses, puts tip in vise and tries to straighten it. Pop. Son of a perly puppy sucker. Off to the grinder to re-shape blade, re-grind blade, re-finish blade. Hey, this is cool. Better make a pattern. I want one myself."

Here's the story: Link.

Here's the only other ones I know of:

20101117100_3314-vi.jpg

20101230100_3692-vi.jpg

Sorry. Meant to post this yesterday but couldn't figure out how to link a Fotki pic from my phone.

Two BC Jrs

2v2uhCFEdxfdqaD.jpg
Is that BCjr on the bottom Masur Birch to match your new Monarch? Its amazing how much Fiddlebacks look even better outside!!

Is that BCjr on the bottom Masur Birch to match your new Monarch? Its amazing how much Fiddlebacks look even better outside!!

It sure is! I got the BC Jr first. That’s why I was happy that the Monarch was still there. I always try to take pictures outside. Mostly because the knives definitely look better outdoors but partly because natural light pictures make it look like I almost know what I’m doing. :)

It sure is! I got the BC Jr first. That’s why I was happy that the Monarch was still there. I always try to take pictures outside. Mostly because the knives definitely look better outdoors but partly because natural light pictures make it look like I almost know what I’m doing. :)
Thats awesome! I will keep an eye out for Masur Birch FB’s for you

Back