• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Two Kitchen Knives SOLD

G L Drew

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Knife #1:
I forged this from 1/8 inch 1095 high carbon steel for the person who likes a thin slicer.
I heat treat in a digitally controlled furnace with 5 carefully controlled cycles to assure a fine grain pattern throughout the blade. This is especially important in a thin working knife like this.
Rc hardness is 58-60. Hard enough to hold an excellent edge but not brittle and easy to sharpen.
The handle is professionally stabilized ambrosia maple. Dishwater safe but never in the dishwasher (or any knife for that matter)
Overall length is 12 1/2 inches with a 7 3/4 inch blade. Depth at the index finger is 1 1/8 inches

Sold delivered within the US. My PayPal and email address is gldrewknives@gmail.com

IMG_3951 by Gerald Drew, on Flickr
IMG_3952 by Gerald Drew, on Flickr
IMG_3954 by Gerald Drew, on Flickr
IMG_3953 by Gerald Drew, on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535

/49718238477_2cc1f0b9ce_c.jpgIMG_3955
by Gerald Drew, on Flickr

Knife #2:
A similar pattern but 3/16 inch thick at the index finger. Heat treated in my shop with attention to a fine grain structure in the steel for durability, edge holding and strength. Rc hardness of 58-60.
The handle is from a stabilized maple burl with black carbon fiber spacers. Again, safe for the dishwater but not the dishwasher,
Overall length is 13 inches with a 8 1/2 inch blade
Depth at the index finger is 1 7/8 inches

Sold delivered within the US. My PayPal and email address is gldrewknives@gmail.com

IMG_3946 by Gerald Drew, on Flickr
IMG_3947 by Gerald Drew, on FlickrIMG_3949 by Gerald Drew, on Flickr
IMG_3948 by Gerald Drew, on Flickr
IMG_3950 by Gerald Drew, on Flickr

Last edited:
I’ll take the 1/8” kitchen knife if it’s still up for grabs!

Back