1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Two Merc Bowies

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by Bill Siegle, Sep 14, 2019 at 1:51 AM.

1. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2000
    I have two of my Merc Bowies available :) Big Bowies ready for battle or camp!!! My thoughts for this design is a very useable Bowie with a little bit of mean in it. I am very happy with how these both turned out! I have drilled out the tangs to reduce weight and given the blades a nice distal taper. Both are made from 1/4inch 5160 with my usual differential heat treat. Both will come with black Kydex sheaths with a Kydex belt loop. Price for either is $400 shipped in the US(International shipping available at added cost).

The green Micarta with yellow G10 liners is 14 5/8in overall with a 9 3/4in blade. It weighs 16oz.

The black G10 with green G10 liners is***SOLD*** 15in overall with a 10in blade. It weighs 17oz.

Mercs5.JPG Mercs1.JPG Mercs2.JPG Mercs3.JPG Mercs4.JPG

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019 at 1:35 AM
  2. WILLIAM.M

WILLIAM.M

Apr 14, 2006
    Excellent!!!

Bill Siegle likes this.
  3. Wicked Sharp

Wicked Sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 20, 2007
    MEAN and SWEET!!! Best of both worlds.

Bill Siegle likes this.
  4. Shintaro29

Shintaro29 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Bill that's excellent. I'll take the black handle if still available. If I ever make it to the Naked and Afraid challenge, this will be it!

5. Shintaro29

Shintaro29 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Funds over. Thanks.